AnnaDickson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

How to find the best angle for any food photo

We hope you’ve been enjoying our month of celebrating food culture through photography! If you live in Bangkok or you’ve ever looked into visiting, you’ve probably come across bkkmenu.com. The site features reviews and beautiful photos from restaurants, food stalls, coffee shops, and other places to eat and drink in this vibrant city. On Instagram, @bkkmenu has more than 100,000 followers.

On July 29, the @bkkmenu team will meet up with Local Guides in Bangkok for a workshop on photographing dinner and nightlife at Mother May I Kitchen. To watch live, be sure to like us on Facebook, then look for a notification around 1:30 p.m. ICT.

See four of @bkkmenu’s best tips below, and keep sharing your own great food photos on social media with #LocalGuides

Find the best angle for every dish. For flat dishes like pizza, shoot from high above for a clear shot. If the dish has layers of ingredients, like a sandwich or cake, a side angle may be better. Photo and tip by bkkmenu.com (@bkkmenu)Find the best angle for every dish. For flat dishes like pizza, shoot from high above for a clear shot. If the dish has layers of ingredients, like a sandwich or cake, a side angle may be better. Photo and tip by bkkmenu.com (@bkkmenu)

Clean up the background. Clear out crumpled napkins, messy plates, and unnecessary or unrelated objects before taking photos. Photo and tip by bkkmenu.com (@bkkmenu)Clean up the background. Clear out crumpled napkins, messy plates, and unnecessary or unrelated objects before taking photos. Photo and tip by bkkmenu.com (@bkkmenu)

Use natural light. Daylight works best because it’s soft and natural. This allows food photos to look most like the real thing. Photo and tip by bkkmenu.com (@bkkmenu)Use natural light. Daylight works best because it’s soft and natural. This allows food photos to look most like the real thing. Photo and tip by bkkmenu.com (@bkkmenu)

Take advantage of photo editing apps. Just make sure to keep the food color similar to the real dish. Don’t make it too pale or oversaturated by using a filter that’s too strong. Photo and tip by bkkmenu.com (@bkkmenu)Take advantage of photo editing apps. Just make sure to keep the food color similar to the real dish. Don’t make it too pale or oversaturated by using a filter that’s too strong. Photo and tip by bkkmenu.com (@bkkmenu)

Bangkok Thailand
54 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: How to find the best angle for any food photo

Thanks for this information @AnnaDickson it's very helpful tips.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

@OSAMA @mhjn @HelloSamsonR @MedRidaZ @Anonymous

Check this useful tips

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Wow, this is great  and lovely @AnnaDickson We are really learning a lot from you. You have really saved us some bucks of money going to photography schools to learn some of this your amazing tips .😊 Imagine see what we are learning freely here on connect. Honestly o turned my subscription to you 😂. I can't do without your post as I am learning from it as well to become a professional photographer when it comes to taking pictures and such things will help me improve photos on Maps as well. Thank you @AnnaDickson 😊

Level 10

@NareshDarji Thanks for inviting me 😊 as well to see this. This is really  great and most post to see 😊

Level 10

Our food lovers @OSAMA @Anonymous @Miguelfqmg See amazing tips. 😊😊

Level 8

Thanks for tagging bro @NareshDarji

And thanks for sharing such a great information too @AnnaDickson

Level 8

Nice descriptive video too @AnnaDickson

@NareshDarji

Level 10

Wow! These are really professionals!!!! I cannot attend the workshop, since I will be in my Naples Meetup! But the results are great, i will follow the photographers agency!

Level 10

One common tip from every photographer LIGHT ,ANGLE  

Thanks @AnnaDickson.we learn a lot in this month.