KAbhishek's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

How do I get a Google Street View Trusted Photographer badge?

How to I get Google Street View Trusted Photographer. Google Local Guide Level 5. When I will eligible

28 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: How do I get a Google Street View Trusted Photographer badge?

Hi @KAbhishek

If you want to remove the watermark, you will need to purchase a Ptgui license.

View solution in original post

Level 5
Level 5

google street view trusted photographer requires at least 50 accepted 360 photos.  Once you achieve that, is can take a few weeks to get the badge. 

Level 9

Hi @Kev 

Actually if I download SV app on Google play store then my smart phone not support 360 photos. It will be not connect with Richo or Samsung Gear. Is that any possibility directly DSLR camera to take a 360 photos in around 4 areas(90degree) and will uploaded on Google map. my photo how much count it is 1 photo or  50 photo. 

Thanks

Level 10

Yes, you could use your 360 produced with a DSLR.

Just upload to Google Photos, then use the "Import photos" option on the SV App to add to your private folder, assign it to a google maps poi then upload to maps.

Level 9

Hi @LucioV

Thanks for being a valuable information regarding Trusted badges.But one thing it is PANO of particular place

Level 10

Yes @KAbhishek you should submit panos for a place already present in maps and that you can find through SV APP.

You are welcome.

Level 9

Hi @LucioV

Thanks again for your valuable information. If you have any Demo present so Please share it.

Thanks

Level 10

Level 9

Hi @LucioV,

Thanks for your valuable updation. Images are copy right  I need your help if you have any PANO those not copy right please share it I know each and everything how to create Business view like CID finder, POI stichched, PANO.How to publish any type of business place.how to connect all PANO.

Thanks

Level 10

@AbhishekK wrote:

Hi @LucioV,

Thanks for your valuable updation. Images are copy right  I need your help if you have any PANO those not copy right please share it I know each and everything how to create Business view like CID finder, POI stichched, PANO.How to publish any type of business place.how to connect all PANO.

Thanks

@KAbhishek i'm a little confused about what are you asking me.

I will share with you my personal workflow for businesses loading (please, mark my answer as best :D).

1) Take DSLR shoots: i use a Nikon D300 with a Sigma 8mm fisheye, mounted on a Nodal Ninja R10 panoramic head (mounted on a Manfrotto ball head just for leveling)

2) I shoot at least 4 shoots, each at 90° (for HDR, in previous SV|T program we were required to take 12 shoots, +2, 0, -2 each position

3) I shoot in Raw

4) I use Adobe Lightroom to get the best from my shoots (opening shadows, reduce highlights, increase sharpness)

5) I use PTGUI to stitch the photos and obtain an equirectangular panoramic photo (i use standard parameters for PTGUI, only increase sharpness and, sometimes, adjust the exposure controls); sometimes, depending on the structure of the business, i need to add some control points to stitch

6) I use PTGUI to extract the six faces (left, right, rear, bottom, up, front) and i use Photoshop to edit nadir on bottom face (remove tripod, eventually add logo)

7) I use PTGUI to project the bottom face to the panorama equirectangular projection, the same size of the original pano

😎 I use Photoshop to add the projected bottom to the uncorrected equirectangular, i merge levels, the pano is ready

9) I repeat for all the panos of the business

10) I load all the panos to Street View editor in prestitched mode, as i'm an old SV|T photographer, otherwise i load the prestitched photos to Google Photos, in a new folder i call PANO|<businessname>_prestitched

11) I wait for the panos to be loaded

12) I open the SV app, i choose the yellow button on the right bottom corner, and i choose the Import sphericals photos option, then i choose the Google Photos source and i search for the uploaded photos

13) I open each single pano, and i long click on it to add blur for privacy reasons (faces, plates, personal details)

14) I choose a Google Map location for each pano (you can easily add the location to all the loaded panos), then i choose Publish to maps

15) After the images have been published, you can long click on a single image to add a link to another image

You are done 🙂