danielragona's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

How can I upload photos 360 with Samsung Gear 2017 to Street View?

Hi, 

How can I upload a 360 photo with Samsung Gear 360 2017 to Street View? 

Regards, 

Daniel.

3 comments
Level 10

Re: How can I upload photos 360 with Samsung Gear 2017 to Street View?

Hi @danielragona, I know that Gear 360 2017 is not SV App compatible so you cannot connect the camera with the app to shoot photos. 

I have the 2016 version of Gear 360 however I very rarely connect it to the SV App to shoot for SV but use Gear 360's native app to take the photo spheres. Naturally the native app allows for better settings and control of the camera (the SV App settings need to be as simple as possible to allow for the settings of each SV ready camera). 

Now my workflow is as follows (and this works with the 2017 version, too): 

1. shoot the images with Gear's native app
  2. save the images from the camera to the phone
  3. sometimes I export them for further tweaking, patching the nadir or such - in these cases I upload them to Google Drive into separate folders. This step can be skipped
  4. open the SV App, tap the camera icon at the bottom right and select "import 360 photos"
  5. browse to the folder where I have the photos (I can also select Google Drive in case I did step #3), select the photos and import them
  6. once they are imported, follow the workflow with the SV App to publish them.
Level 3

Hello,

I have already uploaded the photos as recommended, I connected them and added the location.

Check out the contributions of Daniel Andrés Ragona Nafarrate in Street View:
https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/109597687268325839072/photos

The only problem is that after connecting the photos and publishing them, when I enter the link I do not see that they are connected. Then I can not move between the photos. Is this normal? Does Google delay in verifying the connection of the photos?

Level 10

Hi @danielragona
You can transfer your photo from Samsung gear 2017 to your phone and upload to SV App