ProfArunCM's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Help please: Street view of entire house

I have about 300 SV Approved pictures. I have never prepared sphere of entire house consisting of more than one room. Please suggest, step-by-step, how to do go about the same.

5 comments
Level 8

Re: Help please: Street view of entire house

sir its @LucioV that can help you out @ProfArunCM

Level 10

@ProfArunCM wrote:

I have about 300 SV Approved pictures. I have never prepared sphere of entire house consisting of more than one room. Please suggest, step-by-step, how to do go about the same.

Hi Prof, are we talking about a private house? You cannot upload a VT of a private house in Maps.

If this is not a private house (i.e. a Bed and breakfast) I suggest you to create first the virtual tour on paper, connecting all the pano, then shoot in the same position and connect in SV app.

You can connect more than a pano to another, this often occur in a flat, where a single room could lead to many others.

Level 7

This is one of the craziest things I did not too long ago, with a Ricoh Theta S.

https://goo.gl/ie8iLr

The steps are super simple (as if).

Buy a selfie stick with stand. Take the long drive. Shoot the photos. Go home. Transfer photos to PC. Open Google Maps on PC. Switch to satellite mode, use satellite photo as guide. Use free Geotag program to plot the photos onto the satellite map, save the locations. Transfer photos back to phone. Upload the mother. Connect them all using Street View. Finally, kick back and enjoy the grand tour on the PC.

Level 10

Nice quality for a Theta S! I think mine is screwed, can't get some results anymore 😞

Level 7

TBH I don't regard the Theta S as a good or even competent 360 camera. It beats out Samsung Gear 360 (gen 1) only in low light condition. In daytime outdoor, Samsung fares a great deal better thanks to its higher resolution. Gear 360 gen 1 lacks HDR mode, which makes its photos very dull and mostly overexposed. A good compromise is the Xiaomi Mijia 360, which is currently up for grabs here. IMHO it's a much better camera than Samsung Gear 360 (gen 1 and 2) and my Ricoh.
These days I rely on a cheap Xiaomi Yi camera. It doesn't shoot 360, but it's capable of handling RAW (through scripting) and yields a very high rez photosphere. And the result is definitely much better than any 360 camera below $300. Its cheap price also makes it more disposable. It spares you from worrying about accidental drops. To simplify matters, you can easily modify the stock lens to Entaiya 220 fisheye lens. This makes capturing 360 photos a simple 2-shot process. The result is pretty much the same as all conventional 360 cameras, but quite a lot cheaper.