SandraFaria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Google notifications

Dear all,

For the past weeks I haven´t received any notifications from Google maps to evaluate the places I´ve been to. And my Google maps is marked to receive notifications.

I don´t understand what is wrong.  Can anyone advise me please? &*$

6 comments
Level 8

Re: Google notifications

@SandraFaria  yes I have been having similar pains. 

This sort of misbehavior usually occur right after I receive a Maps update.

I uninstall Maps restart my mobile device an reinstall.. some of the issues go away but not all.

I receive some unusual status reports but not regularly and to boot less and less.

Additionally I would recommend you reverse your settings, clear cache, restart device, configure your settings again.

Sometimes this may help also.

BTW, Do you have two different email addresses on your mobile?

I do not believe having two emails is the issue since Google goes by the email similar to how a zip code routs.

@BruceDM  @Atsukot

Former Google Contributor

Thank you @VBenedict.

Hello @SandraFaria, can you also check the following setting is enable?

• Open Google Maps
  • Click hamburger menu - "Settings" - "Notifications" - "Your contributions" - "Nearby place that need information" (is this setting enable?)  

Level 8

@Atsukot you are welcome 🎈

Mine is on as well but how is this setting related to  "notifications to evaluate the places I´ve been to"?

I have all of the settings on, actually 🤔

Former Google Contributor

Hello @VBenedict, I wanted to check if @SandraFaria receive notifications for "Nearby place that need information" or does not receive any notifications. 

Also - can I double check with you two if:

If both of them are Yes, then next let me know when do you stop receiving the notifications? Please also let me know if you receive other notifications or not. Thank you!

Level 8

@Atsukot wrote:

Hello @VBenedict, I wanted to check if @SandraFaria receive notifications for "Nearby place that need information" or does not receive any notifications. 

Also - can I double check with you two if:

If both of them are Yes, then next let me know when do you stop receiving the notifications? Please also let me know if you receive other notifications or not. Thank you!

@Atsukot  i do not know if @SandraFaria  receives notifications for nearby places.

I receive notifications for nearby places when I request information by going to my "contribute" tab and tap the "uncover missing information" card. 

However, I do not believe, this is what @SandraFaria is referring to and neither am I.

Also... 

the answer for me is Yes enabled to both.

I stopped receiving notifications To Some  of my Milestones about 8 weeks ago after I was asking WHY my milestones were anonymous while others' had their names.

BTW, I just GOT dumped a couple of hundreds - /+ of Connect Notifications dating back to November 2017.  Have not encountered YET any Maps Milestones.

Let me go through them and I will update you.

Level 8

@Atsukot  what I am not receiving are the initial BLOG posts in News from you Googlers eventhough all settings are correct.

And my Milestones with my name and since two months ago I have been getting very different reports also anonymous.