iulianb's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Google Trusted Photographer - Transform Photo Sphere in See inside

Hi guys,

I recently become trusted. The info about this stage is nowhere to find. I have some questions and I couldn't find answers anywhere.

Can you point me to some documentation, manual or guide for the Trusted Photographers? So far I've published 50+ Photo Spheres, I know how to make them and link them.

Is that a way to upload them form desktop? It's odd to create them on my Mac then upload them to my Google Drive so I can upload again from the mobile device app.

The Photo Spheres that suit to get the See Inside orange circle, is that a way to do that?

What about from now on, how can I choose which one is Photo Sphere (blue dot on map) or See inside (orange dot on map)?

What is the See Inside badge for? I see that you can buy them from 1 to 1000 units.

Thank you.

3 comments
Level 9

Re: Google Trusted Photographer - Transform Photo Sphere in See inside

@iulianb You can upload your equirectangular images straight to GM from your desktop, but I don't think that method transfers the information required to display the image as a sphere. Haven't tried it in a while. The orange dots and "see inside" options are only available to those with access to the desktop panorama editor (early adopters - pre 50 sphere standard). If you connect a tour and link it to a business google tends to place a random image from that tour in the old "see inside" location without any indication that it is part of a tour. That, unfortunately, is as good as it gets for the time being. 

Level 5

Hi iulianb, Daniel,

Uploading photo spheres from Maps for the desktop, using the "Add a photo" feature of a Maps listing, preserves the photo sphere metadata, what is ignored is the embedded coordinates and the blue dot is placed on top of the marker for the Maps listing. The coordinates are not lost, the thumbnail in the imagery gallery still points to the actual location.

Google, unfortunately, does not seem to be competent enough or care enough to implement proper parsing of the embedded metadata in the uploaded images.

Level 9

@treebles @iulianb I loaded a sphere from my desktop today and all the sphere metadata remained intact. I guess the dot will show up in the middle of the building I tagged rather than where I took the picture. If transfers to the phone can be avoided this is a big plus.