KhanArifRahman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Google Street View Photographer

How can I be a Google Street View Photographer ?

Bangladesh
8 comments
Level 10

Re: Google Street View Photographer

First of all, a trusted photographer have to start using Street View App to take some 360 shots.

Then you need to upload to maps, on a place page, and get approved into maps.

You can see your 360 approved maps under the Profile Tab in your SV App installed on your smartphone.

Here are the guidelines

If you are eligible to become "Trusted Photographer", the team of Streetview Trusted program will send you an email with informations regarding the program and how to apply.
There are some new requirements to be eligible, here's the list.

New requirements for being trusted (taking effect July 11, 2016)
Publish 50 Google Maps approved 360 photos cumulatively
360 photos must be at least 14MP resolution, but images must be clear and without motion blur
Minimum number of 360 photos per shoot can be 1
HDR is no longer required if you can get adequate details in shadows and bright areas

Updated benefits of being trusted
A digital badge that distinguishes your published work and profile throughout the Street View app
Updated trusted brand assets, like this new sticker
A next-gen trusted contributors index (for now, you’ll still be listed on our current for-hire index)
Paid leads as local businesses request shoots (expanding soon to new countries)

Other new features and tools
Automated connectivity of your 360 photos shot 1m to 3m apart
Invitation to the trusted program directly in the Street View app once you’ve published 50 Google Maps approved 360 photos
An opportunities tab in the Street View app to find places that could use more 360 photos
Embedding 360 photos that were published using the Street View app
Transferring ownership of 360 photos using the Street View app

Connect Moderator

@KhanArifRahman 

Find more about 

https://www.google.co.in/streetview/earn/

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

@KhanArifRahman just download Google Street View and start shooting 360d's from your mobile first. By shooting 3-4, you would feel that it is very simple. Later on, you can buy DSL Camera.

@NareshDarji

@NarenChandra

@KhanArifRahman wrote:

How can I be a Google Street View Photographer ?

Connect Moderator

Most of the advice you've been given here is good... except one, the person recommending a DSLR camera doesn't do 360's!

You can start with your phone and the Street View App as others have recommended. Once you have 50 approved images online you elect to join the program and become trusted within the App itself.

The easiest way to do 360's that give the best outcome is with a 360 camera that make the entire photosphere in a single shot. I use a Ricoh Theta S.

Connect Moderator

@ProfArunCM a DSLR isn't going to help make 360's - a dedicated 360 camera such as the Ricoh Theta S is the best way to go as they make the entire photosphere in a single shot and do all the stitching on board the camera and many of them integrate very well with the Street View App.

Level 8

Follow These Steps @KhanArifRahman 

1. Download the Google Street View apps

2. Upload 50 above 360° photos. You need to follow these criteria to upload the 360° photos

• 7.5 mp or larger (3,840 x 1,920 px).
  • 2:1 image aspect ratio
  • No gaps in image around horizon
  • No significant stitching errors
  • Adequate detail in light/dark areas
  • Sharpness: no motion blur, in focus
  • No distracting effects or filters

3. After uploading 50, 360° photos of required places. You have to wait for Photo approval by Google. 

4. After photo approval Google will notify you by email.

Thanks.

Connect Moderator

Hi @Refath thanks for joining in to help, please always post a link to the support article (in this case https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7011737) rather than quoting the text as if it was your own. This is important because the guidance in the support articles often changes and someone will find your answer here in the future and become confused.

Regards Paul

Level 8

Thanks a lot @PaulPavlinovich .I should have added this link..I will consider it next time.