LiamAlexColman's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Getting the coordinates for DSLR or other cameras

Hello Local Guides!

I just wanted to share a quick tipp on how I get the location for my photos of my cameras that don't have built-in GPS.

1. The first step is to get install a tagger on your mobile. I use this one, it's got an IAP - but it automatically uploads the data to my Google Drive so I stuck with it. Just search an app store for "geotag" and you'll find enough apps.
  2. Start the tagger and go shoot!
  3. Import your photos into Lightroom. Select, edit and sort.
  4. In the maps module, add the .gpx your app will have created

I then upload the .jpg files to Google Photos. It's by far the easiest way to transfer them to Maps. Maps will make suggestions (under 'my contributions') as to which images should be added to which location (so far this only works in the app - I'm hoping this will be available on the web soon too). The last step is simple: Add your photos and profit!

6 comments
Level 5

Re: Getting the coordinates for DSLR or other cameras

Thank you @LiamAlexColman for sharing us this great information.

Former Google Contributor

@LiamAlexColman Great tip! Thanks for sharing!

Level 10

This is also a handy (online) tool: http://www.geoimgr.com/en/tool

Level 8

Cheers, Just went for a walk today and took a heap of photos. I even used a Garmin to record my walk. Totally forgot you can add a gpx file to lightroom. Bit late now after manually geotagging all the photos.

Level 7

I had no idea there was an app like that!  I guess I should have assumed since there is basically an app for everything now.  Thank you!!

Level 8

that was my main question!!

thank you for letting us