JoeCullity's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Getting Tech Support for the LG 360 camera

How do you get threw to Tech Support for the LG-360 camera ?

I'm not sure this is the correct place to post this type of a question, but I can't think of anywhere else that might be able to help.

The LG-360 camera  (Model LG-R105) was working fine till last night when I updated the 360 camera manager. Even since then I can't connect my tablet to the camera. When I try to access the camera from my tablet, the camera manager just says "Preparing 360 CAM..." and the little green thing just keeps moving on a circle. I've let it spin for over 45 mins, just in case it was doing a slow update. - I tried to do LG's "Live Chat" support, but there is NO option to select anything close to a 360 camera so I picked "OTHER" and was told to call their Tech Support number... So I dialed it and the robot lady voice keeps asking me "What type product are you calling about?" and nothing I speak into the phone seems to get me anywhere. I keep getting sent back to the same "What type product are you calling about?" question..

1 - Has anyone ever got tent threw to live Tech support? and if so how?
2 - Has anyone else had problems with the latest upgrade to their "360 CAM Manager" ?

Any comments would be welcome. - Thanks Joe C

10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Getting Tech Support for the LG 360 camera

I'm going to close this thread out. After the 360 camera manager software upgrade, I was never able to connect to mt Lenova tablet, so I uninstalled the software and went back to my old small LG phone, and that still works, so I'll reluctantly use that for now. -Problem worked around.

View solution in original post

Level 8

Hi @JoeCullity,

I do not have that camera.

In situations like yours, it might be worth trying :

1.  Uninstall and reinstall the App.

2.  Revert to previous version

3.  Factory reset the Camera.

Good luck!

Level 8

Hi SampsonF: That's normally my thoughts also, except I don't see any pin or switch that you can use to "Factory Reset" the LG 360 camera, and I don't see any way in the Google Play Store to download last months versions.of the LG 360 Cam Manager.

- ALSO it bothers me that it's so hard to get tech support (Live chat or phone). I know if I'm going to do this as a business, I need to get a backup rig, (usually I get a completely different manufacture or model, just to prevent problems like this) but I didn't want to do it so soon.
- Comments welcome. - Joe C

Level 1

Hey, Hello I have a question, How much cost of LG 360 cam ???? How is it good ?
Level 5

@JoeCullity Hi..  

I think its not your LG camera Problen...  

Its may problem with your Tablet or Camera app Manager problem. Because sometime it not adjusted with the new version if app with  Tablet or phone. So I suggest u to follow @YK1001 Replay  .. 

Re install Your Lg 360 cam app manager other back to your previous app version...  

Try this way, u will get a solution... 

@EndlessT Check this link for 360 Camera prices... https://www.google.com/streetview/publish/

Level 3

I fixed the  "Preparing cam"  LG360 issue on my Android by going to settings/applicationdata/360cammanager/storage/clear data and clear cache. 

Hope it works as well for you as it did for me. 

Level 8
Solution

I'm going to close this thread out. After the 360 camera manager software upgrade, I was never able to connect to mt Lenova tablet, so I uninstalled the software and went back to my old small LG phone, and that still works, so I'll reluctantly use that for now. -Problem worked around.

Level 8

Dear @JoeCullity.

I have the LG 360 cam and I faced some issues with it also.

One major issue was the inability to Connect to the camera, Not even through the LG Cam Manager App!

I found the connecting issue was due to a VPN application that I was using.

So I deactivate it every time I want to connect through the LG Cam Manager App.

However, the persistent issue that I cannot solve till now, is that I'm not able to use the camera through the Street View app !

Marwan Al-Tawansy --> Local Guide Lvl 8, Trusted Street View Photographer #EgyptLocalGuides (Moderator)
Level 8

Hi MarwanA: I don't think it's possible to take photos using the LG 360 camera / Street view combination. - BUT - Even if it is possible, I wouldn't.
Normally I use the 360 camera manager to shoot pictures. Many times I shoot multiple shots of the same scene (but with different lighten/darken settings, color temperature.. or just because I'm not sure if someone or something [like a car] stepped into the image field). After I have shot all the pictures, I download them to my cell/tablet, then share to Google Photos, where I archive a local backup/copy of the originals, select the pictures I want and sometimes try to do some minimal enhancements to them - Google Photos has an "Auto" enhancement that sometimes works wonders.. Next I throw out the ones that I don't need to keep, create an albume of the good ones and share them to the Street View app that I use to publish them.

- Hope that helps.

Level 3

I had a similar problem with my Pixel. It was working fine and suddenly would not connect.

This is how I solved it...

1. Bring up your settings menu
  2. Select apps
  3. Click on 360 CAM Manager
  4. Click Storage
  5. Click CLEAR DATA
  6. Click CLEAR CACHE
  7. restart the app