GuidoS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Geotag is not passed thru in streetview app iOS

I m using the streetview app on my iPad. I do import 360 images from my google account. Those images have a geotag. But I have to add position of the images manually. 

I have about 50.000 images of the Dutch waterways and this amount is encounting. If I have to add the GPS information by hand. It will take years. It cannot be true that this cannot be done thru the geotag in the image.

Guido

12 comments
Level 5

Re: Geotag is not passed thru in streetview app iOS

Same issue here.  I have raised this as an issue on the Google maps forum.  We have high quality spheres shot in close vicinity with perfect Gps. But all info is lost once imported. It could be an iOS issue, haven't tested on android. It's impossible to align gps using the street view app for a larger number of photos without overlapping them. Please Google, fix this! 
Level 7

Np se como trabaja iOs  porque uso Android  y a mi no se ha presentado ese problema por lo mismo, ojalá otras personas te puedan ayudar.

Level 2

It would be Nice if Google could solve this problem. As it is an iOS problem. I ve been told there is also an pc solution comming up to upload the pictures. 

Level 5

Issue is still there after the latest Street View app update 😞 Anyone has contacts to Google?

Level 2

Where is Google when you need them. It is not clear who to reach. I was expecting with the last update it was solved. We just have to wait. I guess.

Former Google Contributor

@GuidoS @RELIVE360L @ChristianLatorre 

Apologies for the delay all. We are waiting to hear back from the Street View team and will update this thread with anything new we learn. 

Street View Moderator

Hello-

Thanks for the patience everyone. We are investigating the issue and, as Corrie mentions, will definitely let you know when there is something to share.

Natalie

Level 8

I confirm the same. All pics taken with Iphone care missing the location

Level 2

Hello Natalie,

Are you able to provide us with an update? 

Best regards,

Guido Steijaert