BertLichen's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Garmin Virb 360 - Street View Compatibility?

I recently purchased a Garmin Virb 360 but do not see that this was on the list of Google certified Street View cameras.  Does anyone know if these are compatible or may become compatible in the future?  Thank you.

10 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 2
Solution

Re: Garmin Virb 360 - Street View Compatibility?

Thank you, Yohanad.

So currently it does not appear that the Garmin Virb 360 is compatible with Google Street View unless I'm mistaken?  I'm still curious to find out if this might ever become a possibility.  I appreciate any additional feedback you or anyone else can provide if possible. Thank you.

View solution in original post

Level 8

i have these questions , is anyone can answer ??
www.zigzagmtb.com
Level 1

I have the same question. please help thanks.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @BertLichen. This questions is better suited for the Photography board. I'll move it there and probably you'll find an answer sooner than in Feedback 🙂

Local Guides Community Program Manager
Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. Thank you.
Level 5

Hello, @BertLichen and everyone interested!

You can see the cameras that work with the Street View app here, in the Street View official website 🙂

Level 2
Solution

Thank you, Yohanad.

So currently it does not appear that the Garmin Virb 360 is compatible with Google Street View unless I'm mistaken?  I'm still curious to find out if this might ever become a possibility.  I appreciate any additional feedback you or anyone else can provide if possible. Thank you.

Level 7

So yes this question has been moved and then the obvious pointing to the FAQ but how about an actual answer. Will the virb 360 be given whatever clearance it needs to be "compatible" ? it takes a superior image to my ricoh, which is "compatible"

cheers

Level 10

Hi @BertLichen this is a *non* problem, as you can always import photos from local filesystem.

I've uploaded some pano i did with VIRB to SV:

May I ask you the workflow for 5.7K 360 video recording? I've tried to set RAW, dual, 5.7K quality recording, but the Garmin VIRB Edit software seems to stitch to 4K only.

Level 10

There should be a new list of certified cameras available soon if not already. Because the new Street View certification now includes 4 tracks, whilst previously it was only a single I believe. For example, the new Ricoh Theta V on their own Ricoh press release suggested it was the first 360 camera certified to be "Street View mobile ready", yet not displayed on the Google's site. (http://news.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/rim_info2/2017/20170901_023079.html)

https://developers.google.com/streetview/ready/

- Street View mobile ready
360 cameras that can publish Street View from a mobile app—without requiring a desktop workflow

- Street View auto ready
Street View app-compatible 360 cameras tailored for vehicle-based collection with the highest accuracy

- Street View vr ready
360 cameras or systems that collect geometry in addition to generating sets of connected 360 photos

- Street View workflow ready
Publishing utilities—sometimes bundled with cameras—that can upload to Street View accounts

Level 8

Hi , u have to right click on are picture ,the edit the parameters,and then upload u're picture

www.zigzagmtb.com