AnnaDickson's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Former Google Contributor

Re: For better photos, pretend your dessert is a model

Hello  @Anonymous

Did you take this photo? And the text is original? If not, please can you quote the source? It is not allowed to post images or any other content in the forum that infringes on anyone else’s legal rights, including copyright. Otherwise, I am afraid we will need to remove the post.

• As a rule of thumb, please try to share original content (meaning text and photos) or, in case you take content from the web, give always credit to the eventual author(s)/quote the online source. 

For further information, please review with attention the Local Guides rules

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 10

@AnnaDicksonVery artistic! i love the creativity

Level 10

Hahaha..., 

It's a unique idea. 

#Feeling Awesome

@AnnaDickson wrote:

Local Guides, we’d like you to meet the super-talented Sharon Heinrich. She’s a culinary tour guide in Paris, where she’s lived for the last seven years. If you check out her Instagram, @parischezsharon, you’ll see that her gorgeous photos of the city’s most fantastically flaky pastries have attracted more than 117,000 followers.

There are people who come to Paris for the art, the architecture, and the museums,” says Sharon. “For me, the pastries and the chocolate bonbons are diamonds and the pastry shops are the museums.”

On July 19, Sharon will meet up with Local Guides to taste and take photos of some wonderful desserts at Paris’s Colorova Patisserie. To watch live, be sure to like us on Facebook, then look for a notification around TKTIME.

See four of Sharon’s best tips below, and keep sharing your own great food photos on social media with #LocalGuides.

Have fun with styling. Try to have an interesting background—it can change the whole picture. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)Have fun with styling. Try to have an interesting background—it can change the whole picture. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)

Play with color and texture. Try to match the colors and textures of desserts with the background. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)Play with color and texture. Try to match the colors and textures of desserts with the background. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)

Go outside. Take the dessert outside the shop, to a beautiful garden or street corner, and pretend it’s a model. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)Go outside. Take the dessert outside the shop, to a beautiful garden or street corner, and pretend it’s a model. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)

Add personality. Consider showing hands in the picture—it gives a feeling of movement and reality. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)Add personality. Consider showing hands in the picture—it gives a feeling of movement and reality. Photo and tip by Paris chez Sharon (@parischezsharon)

Connect Moderator

Great dessert photo tips @AnnaDickson! Indirect natural light makes everything look wonderful. Tried my hand (no pun intended) in giving my dessert photo some personality and also showing my love for this delicious chocolate hazelnut mousse in an edible chocolate mousse cup.  How's that for "no waste, great for the environment" @Kamalhasnainee  @ErmesT? = )  

This was my third dessert from a dessert trio.  It was very hard to finish this last one, not because of the taste, but being soo full from eating 2 desserts prior and drinking a Illy latte. 

Chocolate Hazelnut Mousse in an edible dark chocolate cup, Faz Bakery, Danville, CAChocolate Hazelnut Mousse in an edible dark chocolate cup, Faz Bakery, Danville, CA

Cheers,

Karen

Level 9

Very nice fruit salad @Anonymous 😊

@Nando76 wrote:

Do you like this fruit salad? 😉

Fruit SaladFruit Salad

https://plus.google.com/communities/101809183418846544060?sqinv=MGgzd2RVWW5ia1gtMVNBVHVFNUVRc2RwVTE5T3FB

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you @OSAMA. I´m very proud of you because you really believe in me bud 😉

Level 9

@MariaBi ,  if you want I will invite you on live streaming how he make it , this offer just for you 😊😊😊

And advise @ Nando76 to write the source of any photo not for him 😊😊😊

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for believe in me @OSAMA. I´m ready @MariaBi 🙂

Level 10

Thanks to Sharon Heinrich for amazing tips. @AnnaDickson thanks for sharing with us.

Connect Moderator

I can ensure that your solution is safe for the environment @KarenVChin . In Lindt shop I've also tried the chocolate spoon 🙂 

I'm so sorry for you, having to eat 3 dessert, only to be sure to have the right one for a good photo. 

Just curious about Illy latte. 

Both words sounds familiar to me, being Illy a coffee company not so far to my house, and latte the Italian word for milk. Am I right?