LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Food Photography

Share your best foodography here 🙂

This evening i've done some work for a restaurant, owned by twins... not easy to manage... i'm so tired.... i think you can see in my eye...

Bucatini alla AmatricianaBucatini alla Amatriciana

The smoke... was actually cigarette smoke... 

Ssssoooo tired!Ssssoooo tired!

Roma, RM, Italia
217 comments
Level 10

Re: Food Photography

My usual setup is:

- Nikon D300

- Nikon AF-S 17-55 AF-S F2.8 DX

- Nikon SB 900 Speedlight with diffuser

- Nikon SB 600 Speedlight remote controlled, with white reflector panel

Here some other shoots; i will show you the setup later.

15173578948_05c119e8e5_k.jpg

15173591678_59c98bac71_k.jpg

15359857032_611cc3e81c_k.jpg

Sushi!Sushi!

17576374783_ffb571a21d_o.jpg

18010706349_25b05c8730_o.jpg

Carbonara al tartufoCarbonara al tartufo

23397592154_f0089ce8ba_k.jpg

23730170200_0d4a41bc5e_k.jpg

Level 10

@LucioV, you are a professional photographer so few of us can compete with you. However I take the bait so here are some (made with my phone camera, no special lighting conditions, during an excursion 🙂

pipacs-1.jpg

pipacs-2.jpg

pipacs-3.jpg

pipacs-4.jpg

Level 10

Hi @Csaba very well done for a smartphone!!!

I will keep this thread updated with some suggestions for better foodography also with no professional equipment!

Thanks!

Level 10

Cool, thanks, @LucioV

On my Samsung mobile, there is a special "food photography" mode. It seems to highlight some parts of the photo (I need to click on the preferred part); it makes that part pop up a bit and the same time blur the rest of the photo a little as well. It may be a boring effect if overdone but with a little practice, some nice photos can be achieved. Of course, again, among the limitations of such a camera and lighting conditions (these were taken outdoors but in the shade so no artificial lighting was used but not even needed too much).

Level 10

Never know about this "food photograhpy" mode! Amazing how mobile phone marketing follows the habits of consumers!

This is from a foodography session held in Milan during a recent Google event.

I like it mainly because in the background Elena (food blogger) was giving us some tricks; shot with my iphone 6

Elena Braghieri food photography workshopElena Braghieri food photography workshop

Level 8

download_20170209_095606.jpg

I hope day to day, nothing special, food photos are allowed here.

Being able to capture a moment  and share with those cannot join the occasion, every photo can deliver a message.

Level 10

Level 8

I must admit I did not take note, but I will say it might be marble.

Level 10

This one was done at home, just for fun, but later become a promotional image for the beer 🙂

My favourite pizza, my favourite netlix series (at that time, Californication) and a good beer!My favourite pizza, my favourite netlix series (at that time, Californication) and a good beer!