wordofmouth's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 4

Food Photography

As a foodie, taking  photographs with a smart phone is a lot easier than carrying heavy DSLR equipment. Currently I use iphone S with the photo editing features that come with the phone, but am looking for apps that can enhance the photo taking experience to produce better results.  Would appreciate if any of you can share photo editing apps for iphone tfor  food photography. . any contribution will be greatly appreciated ..thanks

24 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Food Photography

Hi, @wordofmouth

I love smartphone's camera like you. It is very convinient. I always use D5788(SONY Xperia).

Have you read one of the greatest posts written by @LucioV ?  it is full of suggestions.

Thanks,

Level 10

Hi @wordofmouth as @Anonymous mentioned you will find some tricks in that topic.

I suggest to you, to bring your own accessories, use some blank sheets as reflector and create a style (from top down, light background, etc.).

Level 10

I like Halide.. it has tons of manual override features over the stock iOS app like ev stops etc.. (besides it is on sale right now!) The built in grid system to make sure the image is balanced is great.

I also like to use Pixelmator for iOS to edit things.

Hardware wise: Get a clip on Circular polarizer (it is cheap at the usual suspects), anyone will do. It will cut down the glare of your photos  e.g. reflective surfaces like soup / edge of plates etc and make the food "pop" more.

Also Another thing that I would suggest you try is to get DxO One. It is small camera attachment, but it has a much bigger sensor so for low light photography it is great.

Level 8

Use best camera and hirevulation

Level 6

I most often use my phone too. For photo editing apps on iOS, I love VSCO. You get a lot of features and control over the image editing, although not great for editing specific parts of an image. 

This image for example, was just off my iphone6 with good natural light, and some VSCO editing. http://vsco.co/arexis/media/590a99c562f7df460ec1036f 

Level 6

Dear Sir 

yes smart phone is more convenient then DSLR .  By taking photo by your iphone S you can edit on your personal Computer.
Thank you @wordofmouth

Level 1

cool

Level 1

I LOVE FOOD!

Level 10

Hi @helpcyber1   if you like food, i think this group FOOD LOVERS CLUB  is  for you 😉