My college towerMy college tower

St. Berchmans College, Changanassery, Kerala, India
8 comments
Level 8

Re: First attempt and need your support

What type of support do you need ?

Level 6

I am a beginner in Google local guide connect. So I don't know how is posts are seen by  others. I have only few 'seen' .What will be do for increase the 'seens'

Level 8

@Philip10: Welcome. As you post photos, photo-spheres or "360 Street View tours" the number of views (sometimes call Impressions) are tracked by Google and reporting the information back to you. - As to how to get higher counts.... It's up to the people who see the thumbnails in the the slide tray of the business (Usually called a POI - Point Of Interest) to click on the photos. More interesting photos usually get more clicks (views / impressions) and while some common advice like, shoot interesting photos, shoot catchy photos...is a good idea, there is no perfect formula to get high click rates.- Is this the type of information you were looking for? I'm kind of afraid that I don't fully understand your question, If I misunderstand your question, please message me back.

Level 6

Thank you for your valuable information. You give me the right answer what I was search.I will try to post more catching snaps.

Thank U🤗

Level 8

My experience has been that you cannot predict what is going to become a popular picture. I've got a shot of a harbor in Romanshorn, Switzerland that seems pretty generic to me and yet it gets a lot of views ... makes no sense to me since I have much better shots that are practically ignored.

I have another shot of a shepard's trailer that's a pretty vanilla shot in my mind, but  the number of views just climbs and climbs on that one too. 

Whatever the outcome I hope you are able to simply enjoy sharing your pictures without worrying about the number of views ... share them because you want people to see the awesome places you've been and let that be enough!!!

Multitasking DIY type — veggie tender, beekeeper & chicken whisperer!!!
Level 9

@VikingWarrior

Right, one should not be motivated by number of views but only to help people.

About views I already asked myself about why some photos are more popular than other.

Finally there's no answer or miracle recipe.

It depend of many factors very difficult to identify depending on locations and people needs.

The most important is that our photos are usefull !

Have a nice day 😉

My MapsIWe're the World, We're the Local Guides!
Level 5

ok so dont get upset, it is a beautiful shot of the tower but the dark shadows at the top and bottom kill the photo so try to get around the shadows. ok and also sometimes shadows are good but not in this instance

@Philip10 wrote:

My college towerMy college tower

Level 9

Philip10 wrote:

I am a beginner in Google local guide connect. So I don't know how is posts are seen by  others. I have only few 'seen' .What will be do for increase the 'seens'

Hello @Philip10 according to your first post I was thinking you want to know about post view?

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.