SuzanneN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Finally trying out a 360 camera and finding the Huawei 360 good enough for my needs!

my husband just got a new Huawei and it came with its own little 360 camera, which I have been playing with for the past few days. i don't think the camera is available on its own yet but i've heard it will cost about $100 USD when it is. 

https://consumer.huawei.com/en/accessories/envizion-360-camera/

i'm still getting the hang of it but given the size and estimated value i think it's a great little tool! here's one of my first images: https://goo.gl/maps/3kukgiW9kz92

Bangkok, Thailand
20 comments
Level 8

Bls: Finally trying out a 360 camera and finding the Huawei 360 good enough for my needs!

Nice photo👌 

btw you can directly embed 360 photo here in your post

Level 10

Bls: Finally trying out a 360 camera and finding the Huawei 360 good enough for my needs!

@ndraverne wrote:

Nice photo👌 

btw you can directly embed 360 photo here in your post

Only once she became a Trusted SV Photographer. 

Indeed nice image, @SuzanneN. Can you use the 360 camera detached from the phone (and say on a tripod) too?

Level 10

Re: Finally trying out a 360 camera and finding the Huawei 360 good enough for my needs!

Congratulation, some day I hope to have one like that to take 360-degree photo, because that camera is more convinient than use the Google Street View app, normally the app takes quite time to complete for one 360-degree photo.

LG Summit Attendee in 2016 ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ Regional Lead before 2017
Level 10

@Csaba I'm pretty sure anyone can embed any 360 photo on Connect. All you need to do is go to the photo on Google Maps, pick Share, pick embed, and copy the code...like this....

<iframe src="https://www.google.com/maps/embed?pb=!4v1525659319897!6m8!1m7!1sCAoSK0FGMVFpcE9yeldIV0h5X1E0c2FyR0g5Z2ctOGtBbjFaSlhmT0hoLXFSaDQ.!2m2!1d13.737715!2d100.5605388!3f196.19!4f-7.439999999999998!5f0.7820865974627469" width="600" height="450" frameborder="0" style="border:0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Then switch over to HTML view in the editor and paste that code...and viola...

See how you even get the option in incognito mode...

Screenshot from 2018-05-07 09-12-06.png

But you're probably referencing something else that happens once you become a Street View Trusted Photographer. Would you care to elaborate?

Level 10

Re: Finally trying out a 360 camera and finding the Huawei 360 good enough for my needs!

@SuzanneN Great photo! I like how you put it on your head. I keep thinking about trying that, but I haven't so far.

Google Maps actually asked me two days ago if Terminal 21 had a Information Desk. I thought, "hmm, probably, but I don't remember seeing it," and so I marked "not sure." Had I only read your post then, I would have been able to say "Yes!"

Keep up the great work!

Level 9

@JosephDewey you can also borrow a stroller there. 🙂

right now i'm trying to figure out how to not be in the photo at all. not quite there yet! 

Level 9

@Csaba, there's a USB-C that goes directly into the phone. the camera itself is tiny so i'm not sure how i'd rig it up with a tripod. i might try to find a USB C extension cable and see if that will work, tho. that way maybe at least i can stay out of the shot. 

IMG_20180507_094110.jpg

Level 10

My idea has been to put a kind of go-pro mount on a helmet, and I think that would do it. I'd look a little funny walking around a mall with a helmet, but it should take me out of the picture. 🙂

I've seen some people put their 360 on a selfie stick and take the picture directly above them. That works really well, but I don't like pictures that high in the air.

Level 10

@SuzanneN Wow! I didn't realize any Thai malls had stroller rentals. That's so cool you found that out!