GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Re: Missing Photos and Drop in Points

Hi there,

Here is my info: DonnieB the profile number is https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22018

I had over 15000 points about 2 weeks ago and about the time I upgraded for the new system I dropped 2500 points. I sure would appreciate any that you can do! Thank you for your help!! Take care and have a great day.

@MariaBi wrote:

Hi @marus and @Anonymous

If you are impacted by this issue, please share with us in this post:

• Your Google Maps profile URL
  • How many photos you are missing 
  • When you noticed the drop in points/missing photos 

Many thanks!

Level 2

Any solution for recovery and restore points that lost from Google photos deletion ?

I have been trying to get in touch with Google recovery for about 3mths now concerning my old account and no one has contacted me yet!I am very dissatisfied with the app right now because I have proof that the account belongs to me I have sent photos of my family members and I have went as far as to send them a copy of my statement when I purchased the old number that was attached to my email,as well as my password I am the only one who knows this information.its attached to my Facebook that I access every day.

Level 8

Re: Any solution for recovery and restore points that lost from Google photos deletion ?

Hi @Tristanachambless,

As I read from your post, please correct me if I am wrong, you lost access to a Google Account so that the Local Guides points / contributions from that account is no longer accessible to you.

If that is the case, I am afraid not much can be done except working with the Google Accounts team to recover your account.

I personally never go through this process, so I cannot help further on this issue.

From Google Search, I got the account recoery site - Account Recovery - Google Accounts

Level 8

Re: [BUG] Why only half of my pictures get uploaded?

Hi @MariaBi and thanks.

Unfortunately I still have the feeling that some of my pics do not really get uploaded...

Level 8

Well the android phone says one amount of points and the desktop says a different number far lower than the phone. 

Thats my experience as of today

20314888_10154787020366717_1219099569_o.pnglocal.PNG

Level 8

Know it sounds stupid... But did you try to refresh your browser? I realized there is a caching issue sometimes.

Could also be the old known point dropping game some suffer from time to time. ;)) ;/

Cheers

Level 8

I personally think its delays in the servers catching up with each other.

The phone still has the old profile picture of me on it as well and I changed that three days prior.
I am sure it will sort itself out in the end but I would have thought the desktop version would be the most up to date?

Anyway, in the grand scheme of things this is a small issue that I am sure will get resolved while we still have global warming and the destruction of animal habitats which we do need to address

Level 9

Re: Missing Photos and Drop in Points

@DonnieB hope all your have been restored

@DonnieB wrote:

Hi there,

Here is my info: DonnieB the profile number is https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/22018

I had over 15000 points about 2 weeks ago and about the time I upgraded for the new system I dropped 2500 points. I sure would appreciate any that you can do! Thank you for your help!! Take care and have a great day.

@MariaBi wrote:

Hi @marus and @Anonymous

If you are impacted by this issue, please share with us in this post:

• Your Google Maps profile URL
  • How many photos you are missing 
  • When you noticed the drop in points/missing photos 

Many thanks!

Level 9

Re: Any solution for recovery and restore points that lost from Google photos deletion ?

@Tristanachambless have you tried chatting with support 

@Tristanachambless wrote:

I have been trying to get in touch with Google recovery for about 3mths now concerning my old account and no one has contacted me yet!I am very dissatisfied with the app right now because I have proof that the account belongs to me I have sent photos of my family members and I have went as far as to send them a copy of my statement when I purchased the old number that was attached to my email,as well as my password I am the only one who knows this information.its attached to my Facebook that I access every day.

Level 9

@YK1001  i tottally agree with you

@YK1001 wrote:

Hi @Tristanachambless,

As I read from your post, please correct me if I am wrong, you lost access to a Google Account so that the Local Guides points / contributions from that account is no longer accessible to you.

If that is the case, I am afraid not much can be done except working with the Google Accounts team to recover your account.

I personally never go through this process, so I cannot help further on this issue.

From Google Search, I got the account recoery site - Account Recovery - Google Accounts