GusMoreira's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Missing Photos and Drop in Points

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ @GusMoreira @MariaBi

If we all sat down and had drinks while waiting we'd been so drunk already couldn't

even read comments.

NO, PROBLEM HAS NOT BEEN SOLVED YET!!!!!

Points are declining again, view count is not moving. We run some tests over the last 6-8

hours. Here are the results. New pics: they show up, points are not moving, in a few hours

declining again. New pictures do show up though and individual view counts increasing.

(Total view count is not moving.)  Also, pics posted in one country would or would not be

visible/accessible in another. Totally random. So far I lost 4% of my points, 2% of my pics

and counting.

THE POINT HERE IS: we all respect, like and trust Google enough to wait and maintain faith.

We would deserve the same respect and trust from Google to see some explanations and

immediate information on change of policies that would justify losses. Silence sometimes

interpreted as ignorance. That's not good. Also, based on experience, even in case of policy

changes it's not a good idea to take away that was previously awarded especially if/when

the other party did nothing wrong, was not even asked, and was not given an opportunity

to present an opinion before finalizing changes.

Level 8

Hello, 

After 4 days of declining numbers they are finally restored. Thanks. 

One moment i thought everything was gone since maps showed 0 reviews and photos. 

But after forceclosing the app and restarting it, everything looks good now. 

@GusMoreira wrote:

UPDATE (06/30/17): Discrepancies in awarded points have been rectified. You should be seeing your points updated as per the approved contributions you have made on Google Maps

UPDATE (06/28/17): Photos have been restored to all users account however you may still see some discrepancies in awarded points in your Contributions tab. We continue to work on this issue and appreciate your patience

Level 8

Thanks. It got fixed now.

@OnyedikaBenjaminJ wrote:

@KomalMaru try updating maps, if it n persist, just relax, its will be fixed

@KomalMaru wrote:

Not yet.

Dont know when and how this issue will resolve. I am scared to upload new photos too

Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Why points going down?

Thanks Local Guides Team

my points recovered

Level 8

Congrats mate @Anonymous

Level 10

Level 8

That's really a great news @Ravi_Kiran

Anonymous
Not applicable

Photo views updaing issue

Hi Local Guides Support Team

i noticed my photo views are not updating since one week

20170630_134842.jpg

Saw some posts of your support team that your recover the views on Local Guides but my views still not updated, kindly fix this issue

Ata Ur Rehman

Local Guide

Anonymous
Not applicable

Level 8

Zdjecia i punkty znikly jak zmienilem telefon

MAXITAXI-030