dannemp's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Duplicate photos

Hi guys, 

I contributed by adding more than 50 photos to maps, I got an error message, so I clicked the send button several times.

Now all of the photos are present in several copies. I can delete each photo one by one but this is really tedious. How can I delete all the duplicates at once? 

Thanks,

Dan

14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

Re: Duplicate photos

@dannemp find photos option on your contribution page of Google Maps App, delete the duplicate photos one by one, this is the only way to fix it, while uploading photos to a place if you saw process stop in mid of uploading photos don't upload that photo again it will be duplicated, wait the previous half uploaded photo will be uploaded completely in next couple of hours automatically

Thanks

View solution in original post

Level 8

you can go to google drive of yours and delete those pics @dannemp

Level 7

Where exactly on google drive can I find those photos? In my photos.google.com I have thousands of backed up photos from my pc, there is no way I can find the specific ones I uploaded to maps...

Level 8

On Google drive page,

Click on three lines on left upper side of page,

Click on Google photos mate @dannemp

Level 7

Well I know where to find the photos tab in drive, but I can't find the photos that have duplicates on maps cause I just have too many photos on drive.

Level 8

Ok mate @dannemp

Anonymous
Not applicable
Solution

@dannemp find photos option on your contribution page of Google Maps App, delete the duplicate photos one by one, this is the only way to fix it, while uploading photos to a place if you saw process stop in mid of uploading photos don't upload that photo again it will be duplicated, wait the previous half uploaded photo will be uploaded completely in next couple of hours automatically

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mhjn Google Maps & Google Drive or different platforms, data on Google drive is your personal data, only you can see your data while Google Map photos are public

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dannemp thank you very much to mark my comment as a solution of your question, always help other Local Guides & try to arrange monthly Meet-Up in your area

Level 6

I'm in the same boat. I had a bunch of errors, and retried in accordance with the error's recommendation. I now have hundreds of duplicates. This will take way too long to manually delete. Google must have the ability to identify duplicate photos and merge them.