Moadh_AYARI's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Ducks as pets

Wow @Moadh_AYARI I see you have a lot of experience with pets! Haha 🙂

How do the cat get on with the ducks? Did they ever get in a fight?

@Moadh_AYARI  escribió:

@ValeriaA_, My pets list is a little bit big. I had a rabbit (called Flavio), 3 geese, 2 chikens and 1 cat. Now, i have ducks (4 at home and the other at my unckle's farm) and 1 cat.

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 6

@ValeriaA_, the relationship between cats and ducks is very peaceful (some fight during lunch or dinner but no injuries). The cats respect ducks maybe because they were born in a duck nest. Don't forget, i'm a vet, LOL

Level 7

@Moadh_AYARI

That is so wonderful! I am always so impressed by vets (and grateful as a pet owner).

When I was a child I wanted to be a vet. I had even already decided what university I would go to vet school at before I was 10 years old. hahaha :)))

But then sometime in high school I started to want to know more and more about Japan and so I decided to become an English teacher in Japan. 

I love teaching but I also love animals so one day I want to find a job that can combine those two passions. :))

Level 6

@Christine_T, My family's members are teachers (dad and sister are english teachers, my brother is IT teacher). i don't remember very well how i made my decision to a vet. You can find some NGO which taking care for abondned animals (in Japan or other countries near to it). 

Level 10

Ohhh @Moadh_AYARI really? I didn't know you were a vet! Now I understand, I'm sure you find the best way to make them have a good relationship 🙂 it must be very fun to see such different animals interacting with each other!

@Moadh_AYARI  escribió:

@ValeriaA_, the relationship between cats and ducks is very peaceful (some fight during lunch or dinner but no injuries). The cats respect ducks maybe because they were born in a duck nest. Don't forget, i'm a vet, LOL

Level 8

Hi @Moadh_AYARI

I was so fond of them when I was a kid. Even now eheh heh.

Thanks for sharing.

Cheers

Level 6

@ValeriaA_@Christine_T  I have the chance to discover so many animals (dommestic and wild). My internship was about Surgery of small animals (dogs and cats). My PhD was about radiographic imaging of the fore limb of the horse. Then i work (and still working) as a vet for rural practice. I had several trainings delivred by The international union for the conservation of The nature (IUCN) and i worked in Qatar in national park reserved for a threatned bird called (Houbara bustard). All that and i haven't reached 30 years yet, hhh. Now i plan to work in sanctuary for abondaned animals, i'm open to every proposition from the far east (Vietnam, Laos..) to the far ouest (Peru, colombia, Chile). Cheers

A female houbara BustardA female houbara Bustard

Level 6

@Badruddeen,Birds are lovely.

I think that there are plenty of migratory birds in Maldives. You should share some photos with us.

Level 7

@Moadh_AYARI

That is amazing! You have done so much and lived a lot so far.

The Houbara bustard is so beautiful! I have never heard of it before but I love learning about new animals.

I'm sure many places would love to have you! I hope you find a position that you like. That sounds like an amazing line of work. :)))

Level 10

Wow @Moadh_AYARI this is great! You have a looot of experience with animals. I can see you already started sharing your knowledge with us through your amazing post. What's the best way a vet can contribute to the Local Guides Community? #LetsGuide! 🙂

@Moadh_AYARI  escribió:

@ValeriaA_@Christine_T  I have the chance to discover so many animals (dommestic and wild). My internship was about Surgery of small animals (dogs and cats). My PhD was about radiographic imaging of the fore limb of the horse. Then i work (and still working) as a vet for rural practice. I had several trainings delivred by The international union for the conservation of The nature (IUCN) and i worked in Qatar in national park reserved for a threatned bird called (Houbara bustard). All that and i haven't reached 30 years yet, hhh. Now i plan to work in sanctuary for abondaned animals, i'm open to every proposition from the far east (Vietnam, Laos..) to the far ouest (Peru, colombia, Chile). Cheers

A female houbara BustardA female houbara Bustard