DanC's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Do I still own copyright of my images on Google Maps?

No, Google did not inform me @OkanS. I recognised the image as being mine when I saw the article online, so it was just a coincidence (the publication in question later paid me for use of the image).

It would be good if there was a Google Alerts-like system that discovers if your images are used elsewhere, but I highly doubt such a thing will ever become available.

Level 1

You can always use a reverse image search to see if your image has popped up anywhere else on the web. 

Use: www.tineye.com 

Good Luck!

Nicolas Conway
Level 10

I just had the same thing happen. Trying to contact the company that used my pic. They gave credit to Google Map but not me. Now when you search images of the business the company is given credit and a copyright statement is there for them?

Level 8

Level 7

Hi , one of my images of a shop was used without my permission  ,in a meme page which i follow, So can i do something about it ?

Level 7

Does Google own the copyright of images you upload to Google Maps?

For example, if I upload my image to Google Maps, would I still be allowed to print that photo and sell it to a friend in a picture frame?

Level 10
Level 10

Re: Does Google own the copyright of images you upload to Google Maps?

This query has been answered long back as in this link @fffelix_jan 

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/General-Discussion/Do-I-still-own-copyright-of-my-images-on-Go...

I suggest using search box for seeking earlier communications, before posting any new query.

Google Moderator

Re: Does Google own the copyright of images you upload to Google Maps?

Hello @fffelix_jan ,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please be advised that I will merge your post with Do I still own copyright of my images on Google Maps?,  which @C_T already mentioned, to keep Connect organised.

Due to the volume of private messages Google Moderators receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!

Level 10

Namaskar..

@Siddhesh99 

I think you can report to website of connect & share all info about it..