YK1001's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Discovered this GUI app to fix curved horizon on 360 photos.

hugin-shadow.png

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/ 

This is an OpenSource GUI app, avilable on Linux / macOS / Windows.

It can fix curved horizon on 360 photos.  I do not read the manuals yet, just by some point and click via trial and error, the result is good.

Most importantly, after correction, Publishing via StreetView App is OK.  Upload to Google Photos, it will be detected as 360 photos correctly.

(There are still some issue that I am learning how to overcome - like how to preserve EXIF metadata, etc.)

My next target is to edit the EXIF data, such that Google Maps will show the North direction correctly.

Anyone have hints on how to set the North direction of  360 photos?

1 comment
Level 8

Viite: Discovered this GUI app to fix curved horizon on 360 photos.

@YK1001 kirjoitti:

hugin-shadow.png

http://hugin.sourceforge.net/ 

This is an OpenSource GUI app, avilable on Linux / macOS / Windows.

It can fix curved horizon on 360 photos.  I do not read the manuals yet, just by some point and click via trial and error, the result is good.

Most importantly, after correction, Publishing via StreetView App is OK.  Upload to Google Photos, it will be detected as 360 photos correctly.

(There are still some issue that I am learning how to overcome - like how to preserve EXIF metadata, etc.)

My next target is to edit the EXIF data, such that Google Maps will show the North direction correctly.

Anyone have hints on how to set the North direction of  360 photos?

😟 The link didn't work. I hope they will add this horizon fixig feature on the street view app too.  I usually fix the position and direction by opening the linking menu in the app. There you can rotate the orientation and fix position, but I know this isn't the best way to do it. Some kind of desktop program would mean so much less work.