NatalieP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Create Street View in a snap - Check out the Street View app!

@DraganK wrote:

That is correct. I know that because I was tested this also 50 mps 100 mps is maximal resolution and less then 50 MB. @YK1001 And unfortunately only jpg is allowed, png is most better file. 

Hey @Anonymous

"png is most better file" -> I would not claim it so in general. Topic, what image file format is suitable for what purposes, could take another subsription 🙂

But these are advantages of using JPG, GIF and PNG:

• JPG - old school format specially designed for photography, you can compress it so you can get really small file - great for web using especially where a little bit "blurry" images don't bother
  • PNG - successor to the GIF, support's transparent background, alpha-channel, it's lossless format, supports 24-bit (16,7 milions colors). So yes, it's seems to be best format, but only when you don't care about file size! 🙂

Great articles about this:

Jan Cermak / Prague, Czech Republic, Middle Europe
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JanČ

Jpg is... Low quality format... That's all

About size... You know before 17 years when I bought my first pc, to download some picture of size 4MB...well you need some time... To upload that picture well... Now we can download and upload gbites normally... For some time it will be normal to upload terabytes... So I dont care about size  but I do care about quality... Quality always win in any case 🙂  

By the way, I was tested, when I export pano in png, results are most better then in jpg, bout stitch and display of image generally... 

Level 9

This faq needs a little updating. The auto-connect feature has gone away in the latest versions of the mobile app and now everyone has access to the so called "next generation of publishing tools" that is the connectivity editor. Virtual tour connections are still flakey and require anywhere from 24 to 72 hours for full integration (depending on who you believe) which makes troubleshooting difficult. Patience is the word of the day. 

Level 8

Hi @dbateser,

Which StreetView App you are using?  Mine is Android, the "auto-connect" option is listed under the "Settings" page.

Level 9

I'm on the ios, but I've read that the auto-connect was rife with bugs and was no longer available. I'll dig for the announcement over on the google maps forum that came from on high. 

Level 8

Hi @dbateser,

I suspect majority of the Auto-Connect is done at Google's server end.  Thus I tend to think iOS user and Android user will have similar results regarding Auto-Connect.

However, the Link Editor is local, thus while doing placement of photospheres and manual linkings there can be subtle differences among the two platform.

With the release of the new Link Editor, 24-hours is given as time expected for Linking refreshes.  Please let us know your experience with iOS.

Level 9

Sampson-This is the post I was referring to:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/maps/QFMsfqVwvfc;context-place=topicsearchin/maps/$20...

It doesn't specifically speak to the discontinuation of the "auto-connect", but one of the experts over at the google maps forum coached us not to use it given the "connectivity editor" was state-of-the-art. 

Level 8

Hi @dbateser,

I am not sure so need to find out, the "Auto-Connect" might change the result of Manual Linking done via the Link Editor.

It sounds reasonable to me to disable "Auto-Connect" for those concerned.

Having said that, the "Auto-Connect' is there for those willing to try it out.

Level 9

Hi @NatalieP,

Why are the businesses that appear in the "Contribute" tab limited to food/fast food/restaurants and lodging(motels, hotels, inns and b&b's)? There is no retail, medical offices, automobile dealerships, etc. 

Also if we could export the "Contribute" data in a .csv format, it would be useful to the multi location businesses we work with. Large brands want to see numbers and we could never give them numbers from photospheres published with the SVE. Now we have a magic 8-ball, but at least its something. Also the word 'view' is misleading. In Adwords, you would be speaking about an impression. This language should synonymous.

Kind regards,

Chris  

Level 3

Bls: Create Street View in a snap - Check out the Street View app!

Sugoi, Great Place