NatalieP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Street View Moderator

Create Street View in a snap - Check out the Street View app!

Hello Local Guides-

We thought it might be useful to share some FAQs about taking 360 photos with your camera phone or your 360 camera, and how to publish those photos to Google Maps with the Street View app. Haven’t downloaded the Street View app yet? Get it here or directly in the Google Play or iOS App stores. Happy 360 shooting!

How do I use the Google Street View app to upload 360 photos?

Check out our Help Center for step-by-step instructions on how to create, connect and publish 360 photos to places on the Map.

Is there a step by step guides to creating Google Street View.

Yes! Please visit our Help Center

I am trying to connect my 360 photos, but I am running into problems.

We’ve just released our new pro photographer connectivity editor which will help you connect your photos easily. At the moment it’s only available to trusted photographers and Level 5 local guides. You can read more about this feature in the help center. Have questions about becoming a trusted photographer? Simply publish 50 Maps approved 360 photos using the Street View app. You can also read up on the program in this post.

When creating 360 photos, please be sure you're following the spacing guidelines as outlined in our Help Center. We rely on confidence in that spacing to continually improve the connectivity experience (so please stay tuned for even more improvements).

How can my photos be automatically connected?

If you have taken 360 photos using Auto-capture mode your photos may be automatically connected, after 24 hours, if you have followed the spacing recommendations listed in the Help Center.

How do I add the “See Inside” option for indoor places such as shopping malls or restaurants?

In our previous interface design, See Inside, Street View, and photos were represented by three distinct image buckets. This has proven to be a confusing and unnecessary distinction for our users because See Inside is often showing exterior views, Street View is often not on streets, and photos are often actually 360 photos. Thus, we are moving away from distinguishing 360 photos with the “See Inside” language and are now showcasing 360 imagery on it’s own visible tab in the photos gallery, both on mobile and on desktop

Is there a file limit or image size limit?

Please refer to our Help Center. Your 360 photos must be at least 14 megapixels and at most 72 megapixels with a 2:1 aspect ratio and be in jpeg format.

Is there a way to resize the blur tool in the app?

At this time, you cannot resize the blur box. You can, however, add multiple blur boxes so that the area you wish to blur is entirely covered.

How do I use the Ricoh Theta S with the Street View App?

You can find all instructions on connecting 360 cameras to the Street View app in the Help Center.

What are the recommended cameras to help us take 360 photos?

Please visit our website for all the details on compatible 360 cameras to use with the Street View app

Can I display 360 photos on other platforms beyond just Google Maps?

Yes, you can use the Google Maps API to publish 360 photos on your website, for example.  Please visit this page for more information.

What is the experience between using the SVapp to take 360 photos vs other software like FB iOS/ FB Android app?

The Street View app allows you to blur sensitive information, connect photos and publish directly to Google Maps. The imagery can also be shared and downloaded to other platforms. Spherical cameras such as the ones listed here can also be directly connected to the Street View app to make the experience even faster.

Have feedback?

Send us feedback by accessing your general profile through the menu in the Street View app.

1. Tap on the three line “hamburger menu” in the top left of the Street View app
  2. Tap “Help & Feedback” located at the bottom of the left hand panel
  3. Tap “Send feedback” at the bottom of the list

If you’re sending information about a crash or a bug, please be as specific as possible with details of when and how you encountered the problem.

If you have ideas for new features, feel free to submit them using the same process and prefacing it with [Feature request].

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2016-10-20 at 3.41.43 PM.png

44 comments
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Create Street View in a snap - Check out the Street View app!

“hamburger menu” 😄

I will remember this, never heard this term for menu - "3 lines"

Is this term commonly used or this is a new one.

Level 8

Hello @NatalieP!

Thanks for the info! I saw that also in the Google Maps Help Forum!

I can't wait to buy a 360º camera, but the price...

Local Salutations!

Porto Local Guides / Guias Locais Porto -> https://plus.google.com/communities/106040857680218167429
Nanos gigantum humeris insidentes.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes Yes... Price 🙂 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have one new term, it is came to me just now because of that “hamburger menu” 😄

New term for "3 dots" menu - "3 poached eggs" menu...

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

Level 8

@AnonymousLOL 😄

Porto Local Guides / Guias Locais Porto -> https://plus.google.com/communities/106040857680218167429
Nanos gigantum humeris insidentes.
Level 6

@NatalieP just awesome

Level 8

Hi @NatalieP,

According to this Maps Help forum post, there is a upper file size limit of 50MB, which is not mentioned in the Help document.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That is correct. I know that because I was tested this also 50 mps 100 mps is maximal resolution and less then 50 MB. @YK1001 And unfortunately only jpg is allowed, png is most better file. 

Level 8

its too much help ful to me

please keep on update this type of information for our local guide help