LucioV's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Changes in Street View Trusted program

This is an update for old SVT photographer; the platform for publishing Virtual Tours will be aligned to the one available to new SVT photographers.

So, on march, 31, the old pano editor will be retired, and the Virtual Tours will be published ONLY using the SV App.

This imply that the seeinside thumbnail will also disappear.

6 comments
Level 10

Re: Changes in Street View Trusted program

Thanks, @LucioV, for the heads-up. Although I am not an interested party (being a "new generation" photographer), I am sure that many old ones do not follow the news and changes as much as one who is active on the forums.

Level 10

@LucioV If the Old SVT editor option is retired, how will we provide the HDR photograph quality that we have been offering throughout. What about the promises that we made to the client of standing out from the rest with the SEE INSIDE option?

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

Many independent developers are already working on new API Google released; so you will find integrated tools for publishing to maps in Gothru, Gnome Garden, Tourmake, Walkinto and other third part tools 😉

In this first phase stitching will not be available, so you will need to prestitch on you own.

The seeinside will disappear in order to avoid confusion, as svt team has always stated; 360 photos will be available all at the same level, without any entry point.

Bye!

Level 1

Hi LucioV!

Do you have any ideas where can I find the information about that new Google APIs? I've googled for more than an hour, but can't find anything about it.

Level 10

Hi @MinakovA the new API are actually being beta tested by some selected users and organizations (one of them is https://gothru.co ); i've applied but i still don't have more informations.

Level 7

@MahabubMunna

It is already possible to upload HDR panoramas to the SV app, however you need to  stitch them and blur them yourself before uploading. Once in the SV App you can assign a business and locate and link the panoramas and the publish.

Don't make any more promises about See Inside - you can't keep them!