Dremcghee313's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Certain photos get more views

6B31D03B-07BD-421C-AC38-365A00994578.jpeg

Why is it I can post dozens of photos of a location, and 1 particular photo the 1 I least expect will gets thousands of views and the others will only get a few at a time?

Detroit, MI, USA
4 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: Certain photos get more views

There's no sure way to knowing that. Google has their own way of determining which photos that will be shown where and when (dare I say... machine learning?). The general idea is that you want to try to always submit high quality photos for a good chance of being viewed more often. Locations matter as well, since places that are searched more will get more chance to be viewed more often, but I guess it doesn't apply in your case since it's based on a single location.

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

There's no sure way to knowing that. Google has their own way of determining which photos that will be shown where and when (dare I say... machine learning?). The general idea is that you want to try to always submit high quality photos for a good chance of being viewed more often. Locations matter as well, since places that are searched more will get more chance to be viewed more often, but I guess it doesn't apply in your case since it's based on a single location.

Level 8

I posted a photo of a cash register at a Chinese restaurant and in 3 days it did 20,000 views. Are those views from actual ppl clicking on and viewing the photo

Level 9

Trick is getting selected for the coveted banner position. Great and powerful algorithm rewards signage, aerials, brightness and clarity. 

Level 8

Web crawling robots search out certain pictures , consider the picture search in a search engine.

So some photos will get all the hits, from robots not humans.