MaqsoodPoovadka's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Capturing 360 images

How to capture a 360 degree images on DSLR cameras?

12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Capturing 360 images

@Rembrandt wrote:

If you use handheld method you need just camera and fish eye

Yes! You are right, but it's not easy to master this technique.

Please, search on Google for "Zeljko Soletic solephilopod" technique.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @MaqsoodPoovadka here is my 360 workflow with DSLR

I will share with you my personal workflow for businesses loading (please, mark my answer as best :D).

1) Take DSLR shoots: i use a Nikon D300 with a Sigma 8mm fisheye, mounted on a Nodal Ninja R10 panoramic head (mounted on a Manfrotto ball head just for leveling)
2) I shoot at least 4 shoots, each at 90° (for HDR, in previous SV|T program we were required to take 12 shoots, +2, 0, -2 each position
3) I shoot in Raw
4) I use Adobe Lightroom to get the best from my shoots (opening shadows, reduce highlights, increase sharpness)
5) I use PTGUI to stitch the photos and obtain an equirectangular panoramic photo (i use standard parameters for PTGUI, only increase sharpness and, sometimes, adjust the exposure controls); sometimes, depending on the structure of the business, i need to add some control points to stitch
6) I use PTGUI to extract the six faces (left, right, rear, bottom, up, front) and i use Photoshop to edit nadir on bottom face (remove tripod, eventually add logo)
7) I use PTGUI to project the bottom face to the panorama equirectangular projection, the same size of the original pano
😎 I use Photoshop to add the projected bottom to the uncorrected equirectangular, i merge levels, the pano is ready
9) I repeat for all the panos of the business
10) I open the SV app, i choose the yellow button on the right bottom corner, and i choose the Import sphericals photos option, then i choose the Google Photos source and i search for the uploaded photos
11) I open each single pano, and i long click on it to add blur for privacy reasons (faces, plates, personal details)
12) I choose a Google Map location for each pano (you can easily add the location to all the loaded panos), then i choose Publish to maps
13) After the images have been published, you can long click on a single image to add a link to another image

You are done 🙂

Level 7

m cam is canon eos 1300d. is it works.
Level 10

Level 10
Solution

@Rembrandt wrote:

If you use handheld method you need just camera and fish eye

Yes! You are right, but it's not easy to master this technique.

Please, search on Google for "Zeljko Soletic solephilopod" technique.

Level 7

Level 10

@MaqsoodPoovadka wrote:
What is fish eye?

It's a lens with 180° of field of view, and conseguent distortion, on FX or DX frame format.

16077976681_6b3504f79c_b

Level 7

@LucioV. Can i take a 360° image on slr without fisheye lens?
Level 10

@LucioV Your tips are very helpful. Thx.

Level 10

@MaqsoodPoovadka wrote:
@LucioV. Can i take a 360° image on slr without fisheye lens?

Sure @MaqsoodPoovadka you could use every kind of lens, without limits. But you should consider that the longer the lens the more the photos you will need to stitch to have a 360!