GenerolHavoc's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Can you find out why one of your photos was removed from Google Maps

Hello All

I just posted 4 photos onto a new place, though I've noticed one has been removed / blocked from public viewing which is weird due to people take photo's of it every now and then.

Is there a way to find out why it was blocked.

Reason for asking - people do remove / try to remove stuff for fraudulent reason ( BS Copyright claims ), some even going to the site weeks later and taking the same photo and uploading it under their name.

12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: Can you find out why one of your photos was removed from Google Maps

No, most photos are removed automatically. There is no way to know why your photo is rejected. It can be rejected now, or for few weeks, or months, or years. There is no way to know how many of your photos are rejected, why or when are rejected. But it is very strange when your photo is rejected, and the same photo is later accepted when illegaly published by someone else.  ( someone who is publishing stolen photos with copyright infringment ). There is also special situation when your photos are not rejected, they are approved, but they are not public visible.

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

No, most photos are removed automatically. There is no way to know why your photo is rejected. It can be rejected now, or for few weeks, or months, or years. There is no way to know how many of your photos are rejected, why or when are rejected. But it is very strange when your photo is rejected, and the same photo is later accepted when illegaly published by someone else.  ( someone who is publishing stolen photos with copyright infringment ). There is also special situation when your photos are not rejected, they are approved, but they are not public visible.

Level 7

@Cosmo

Well that's not good as people can report / claim BS reasons like Copyright etc , and noone can proof that the claim is BS.

FYI = The picture was this BTW.

P1070356 2.jpg

Level 10

No, you can't. And as the number grow it's absolutely impossible to know what photos are rejected.

You can see your rejected 360 in Street View app.

Level 8

Indeed, someone with malicious intentions can ruin you work by reporting your photos. Many of such activities are present at the moment.

Level 7

@Cosmo

Which is why there should be an appeal option specially for the Copyright claim ones, What is the point of posting photo's if someone can do this to you.

Level 8

Correct @LucioV,  but also there is a bug in Street View apk, so it is possible to induce certain conditions, under which you can not view in Street View whether your photo is approved or rejected.

Level 7

Well I'll try re-uploading it later tonight to see what happens ( around 11pm ).

If it's the automated system it should be removed within a few minutes though if it's a person claiming BS on it, it should stay up until tomorrow morning.

Anyway I'am going to test my conclusion out.

Still don't know why you can't report this though.

Level 8

Copyright claim on Google is so slow and complicated, almost impossible on Android, and be aware, you must have a lot of time and a lot of patience to fullfill all the necesarry forms. Also there is no respond and no feedback from Google, as usually. 

Level 8

@GenerolHavoc

Hey, in my hometown is one modern art museum, and they don' want that someone is taking a pictures there, and post them to Google Maps. Can tjst be a reason why your photo has been removed?

-TomiFinland