DeanR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Best agency/software for creating virtual tours for Google?

Hello all, 

I was searching for the best way to produce and publish virtual tours on Google Maps and was wondering what people would recommend. I've already seen GoThru, though that's $24usd per publication, which seems steep! I've also seen agencies using 'TourDash', but after looking on their website and being utterly confused by their tiers and resellers etc, I decided to steer clear. I would really appreciate some suggestions, this is all quite confusing. 

Also, is there a way to create Google tours that don't get published? IE: for real estate agent websites? 

Cheers!

Hertfordshire, United Kingdom
6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Best agency/software for creating virtual tours for Google?

Thanks for sharing @DeanR. I just moved your post here on the "Photography" board as it is the best place where you can share all your knowledge, ask other Local Guides for advice or learn and share your tips to get the best picture. 
Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 10

Hi @DeanR

You can do your own tours without publishing to Google by using Tourmake/Viewmake or Pano2VR.

There is also possible to publish tours to Google by Panoskin Street View Editor for free.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 2

@JacekNK wrote:

Hi @DeanR

You can do your own tours without publishing to Google by using Tourmake/Viewmake or Pano2VR.

There is also possible to publish tours to Google by Panoskin Street View Editor for free.

Regards,

Jacek

Hey @JacekNK,

Thanks for your reply, are the files large for Tourmake/Viewmake or Pano2VR? We did make a tour using panotour, but it turned out as a gigantic folder which is incredibly slow when published on our website! 

And brilliant, I'll look into panoskin now, thank you! 

Level 10

Hi, i suggest another great tool for creating enhanced tours: Tourmake.

You will find a complete list here: https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Street-View-Trusted/How-do-I-choose-a-third-party-tool/td-p/19...

Regarding the last part of your question: i know several projects that are built for virtual tours out of Google Maps, but this is out of scope in this board.

I suggest you to use something like Kolor PanoTour to create offline tours that you can easily host on a web server.

Feel free to ask for more informations.

Level 10

@DeanR

Size of files depends mainly on jpg compression (more than 15-20MB for 72MPix file is only server space sparing).

Tourmake with Viewmake allows you to keep all files of your tours on Tourmake servers and you can put them as a iframes to any web services.

Pano2VR has free test version so you can check how it works before buying. There are also a lot of other solutions but you must aware

and not to implement Flash solutions. Flash is deprecated from everywhere.

@LucioV

I don't understand your "another" - I've already written about Tourmake.

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 10