ele's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8
Level 8

Are you using a GPS unit for your camera? What is a good GPS unit for your Nikon camera?

Are you using a GPS unit for your Nikon camera? I would like to get one, and better map my pictures in the Google Photos. 

My iPhone photos show nicely on the map in Google Photos, while my camera ones do not. 

Any experience with this in the forum? Will the GPS data embedded in the EXIF also help me with the photo uploading in the Google Maps? 

3 comments
Level 9

Re: Are you using a GPS unit for your camera? What is a good GPS unit for your Nikon camera?

I snap an additional iphone shot if I'm using a camera without a gps for location purposes - when I remember.

Level 8
Level 8

Re: Are you using a GPS unit for your camera? What is a good GPS unit for your Nikon camera?

Thanks Daniel. This is what I typically do as well. Still, two devices that don't talk to each other. reminds me of the time when we were carrying a BBerry for work, and an iPhone for personal calls. 

My need is to see my pics properly located in the Google Photo maps, and also see them grouped by location. Maybe also ease my uploading photos to locations on Google Maps. 

Level 8
Level 8

BTW, loved your architecture website, and the "About" page. What an inspiring journey!