RanjithKizhakoodan's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Any solution for recovery and restore points that lost from Google photos deletion ?

Dear All ,

I had a points near 29500 + points wth 5330 +Photos a day before. Since my Drive storage was showing more than 15 GB , hence  i was asked to delete the clear the space .i was clearing the so many photos from Google Photos including the Panoramas, later i found that my Points were reduced much and so more than 2000 Photos been deleted !!!!

It was heartbreaking and frustrating as this is effort made last one year .

Does anyone have any solution for this? Do anyone had the same experience. I just attach my screen shots for you to understand the impact! 

Capture.JPGCapture2.JPG

USA
8 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Any solution for recovery and restore points that lost from Google photos deletion ?

Thank you all ...

There are many LG Fello members helped me to recover Photos ......

Though i have lost number of "views" , i happy that i got my Photos back.....

Now i know what to do while saving Google Photos to save my Drive quota ....

I was desperate to get my points/levels/Photos  and added now many photos i could from my past travels .....

Thanks again all......attach my  "recovered score " for all to see 

Capture.JPG

Cheers 

Ranjith

View solution in original post

Level 8

Re: Any solution for recovery and restore points that lost from Google photos deletion ?

No mate, similar experience, only you can do is buy more Google drive space @RanjithKizhakoodan

Former Google Contributor

Hi @RanjithKizhakoodan

Thanks for reaching out. I just moved your post here on the "Photography" board as it is the best place where you can share all your knowledge, ask other Local Guides for advice or learn and share your tips to get the best picture.

Did you check also your trash folder to retrieve the deleted photo? If your available space increased, it means that the photos have been both deleted from Drive and removed from the Trash folder. If not, you might be able to retrieve them. 

My suggestion will be also to use Google Photos to back up your photos  and, when trying to delete the originals, use the 'Free up space' feature. Do not delete the backed up photos. Plus make sure to change the photo quality to 'High Quality' instead of 'Original' (unless you use a Pixel phone) so that the photos don't count towards your Drive quota. Please read here for more tips on how reducing and changing size of your photos.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 7

@MariaBi is right with what she says. But, from what it looks like, you have deleted all the photos. In this case, there is no way to get back the photos, and there is absolutely no way to restore your Google Local Guides points in this case. I am sorry this has happened.

One thing to always note in such cases: always uploads photos to your Google Photos account in "High quality" instead of "Original quality". While adding photos to a place on Google Maps, upload photos from your Google Photos account instead of adding the photos as a fresh copy from your local machine (computer or smartphone).

You can reuse the Google Photos copy unlimited times this way, across a range of Google products.

If you have a Pixel phone though, you can upload truly unlimited photos in "Original quality" to your Google Photos account.

Arun Sathiya.
Level 7

You're right here, Maria. It would be interesting to see Google eliminate this trouble by sorting duplicates across all its Google products in the coming days. Sadly, I have seen many people face this issue.
Arun Sathiya.
Level 10
Solution

Thank you all ...

There are many LG Fello members helped me to recover Photos ......

Though i have lost number of "views" , i happy that i got my Photos back.....

Now i know what to do while saving Google Photos to save my Drive quota ....

I was desperate to get my points/levels/Photos  and added now many photos i could from my past travels .....

Thanks again all......attach my  "recovered score " for all to see 

Capture.JPG

Cheers 

Ranjith

Level 7

How did you get the photos back? I am having same issue. It would be helpful if you explain the process.

Best

Level 7

Points Dropped after Deleting Google Photo Album

Hi, I did not realize that Google Maps was using 'Geo Panorama' album to store photos. I accidently deleted this album and I my points were dropped in local guides. Is there any way to restore the album and get my points back?

Former Google Contributor

Re: Points Dropped after Deleting Google Photo Album

Hi @imkamalkumar

Thanks for reaching out. I just moved your post here in a thread with a similar topic. Please check search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already ;). 

As for Google photos, please check here to see if you can restore deleted photos & videos:  https://support.google.com/photos/answer/6128867?hl=en-GB&ref_topic=6128848

Many thanks!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them