JeslynL's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself - October 2017

Hello World! I love saying that knowing that I am actually saying hello to the WORLD! My name is Jimmy T and I have been a local guide for a little while now but I hadn't realized how much work there is yet to be done. What a great opportunity to become part of something really really big. I mean the perks are great and all but the opportunity to contribute to a project of this magnitude it unbelievable.  So I've started realizing exactly what this could do and if we all pitch in and shared our thoughts and opinions of our communities.  I mean if you truly have a local guiding you around the world then finding all those hidden holes in the wall that no one ever finds but the people who live there will become available to everyone! How much more fun travel will become!  There are so many places to go and visit, reviews to write, PEOPLE to meet and pictures to take! So no that I have committed myself I am all in and I will be writing all kinds of reviews on all kinds of subjects and businesses.  I know that Denver Colorado which is my hometown offers some really amazing attributes to our World and I can't wait to share my city with all of you!

@JeslynL wrote:

As "Introduce Yourself" threads get quite long, we start new ones monthly and lock the old ones. Be sure to check the old threads, such as the September one, to see who already joined and where they are from (simply run a search with "Introduce Yourself" as keyword). If you're new in Connect, please use this thread to post your "I'm new" or "Hello world" posts. We will move any posts we find into here to keep the site organized.

Hi everyone! Welcome to Local Guides Connect. Please take a moment to introduce yourself to the community.

To start, let me introduce myself:

1. Name: Jeslyn
  2. Location: Singapore
  3. What do I love about being a Local Guide: Knowing that my contributions are making a difference is what keeps me going. Being a part of this massive global community tells me I am never alone wherever I am. 
  4. I love to share: I absolutely enjoy adding new places to Google Maps. By writing reviews and sharing photos, I am also documenting where/how I spend my days, which I can look back on later.
  5. How did I hear about Local Guides: I never go anywhere without Google Maps, and I became a proud Local Guide when I joined the team in November 2016. 
  6. Fun Fact About Me: I own more picture books than adult books! I love children's books (they tell the best stories)! And cats — forgive me, that's a poor attempt at a #catfie ↓

12716177_10154974666912588_7342564462683840925_o.jpg

Now introduce yourself with a #catfie!

Jimmy Theurer
Level 9

Re: Add new place

I am also from Meerut and working as LG. I love to share my reviews and photos with public through Google Maps that is really amazing.

Level 6

Hi

Hi

Level 5

Re: Introduce Yourself - October 2017

Hello one and all! I am new here and im excited about hosting my first meet-up.  I want to do a photo walk as well as check out pet friendly places in Galesburg, IL. Unsure of any other guides in my area.  So I could use some help from more seasoned guides!

Level 10

Re: مرحبا بالجميع

Nice pics @Nadhir

Level 8

I am New here - in Bangalore India.

Hi I am Murali in Bangalore DSC02480.JPG

Level 8

New Here Never posted earlier. I am keen to learn how to edit a local area name spelt wrongly

Love introducing my self here. I am Muralidharan R Nair. Happiness coach, yoga and meditation practitioner and teacher of Happiness course of the Art of living in Bangalore India. 

I am keen to edit local address, highlight places and participate with the community 

Level 6

I am Newbie from Semarang

Hi,

I am newbie from Semarang. Is there any local guide that stay at Plamongan Indah, Semarang ?

Thanks to reply 🙂

Level 1

ioc

20170521_065101.jpg

Former Google Contributor

Re: I am Newbie from Semarang

Hi @Gaya_Fashion

A warm welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. Just moved your post in our October 2017 introduction thread ;). As it looks like it is first time you are posting in the forum, why don't you explore the many sections of the site and check out the conversations happening among our Local Guides? For example, this section of the site has some good tips on how to use the community and interact with your fellow Local Guides. 

Tips for getting started:

Search the community before posting as others may have asked your question (and received an answer) already. 
- Use a descriptive title for your post to make it easier for people to know whether they should open it. 
- Share a story with your photo(s) - tell your fellow Local Guides something about the location's history, why you like it,  a few details on what is in the pictures, etc. 
- Use the Location field to geotag your post to a specific place, but make sure its important to the content of the post.  
- Don't share personal information on the forums, check out the private messaging option instead. 

This area has helpful information about the Local Guides program in case you have more questions. 

Many thanks and have fun with Local Guides!

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them