CaptainHook's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

Abstraction in photography

Hello

Some things may be visualy interesting when you abstract from what they are and concentrate just on how they look. Cities are full of such things: pavements, facades, fences, railingsand so on... Like on the example below (hopefully) - what do you think about it? Do you have any of yours?

Not a balconyNot a balcony

9 comments
Level 9

Re: Abstraction in photography

Dear @CaptainHook its very dificult thinking

Md Polash Hossien

||
Level 8

Is it? I think black and white photography helps a lot to develop it. It's fun to try...😺

@Polash0001 wrote:

Dear @CaptainHook its very dificult thinking

Level 8

@CaptainHook Paul,you are different and something special in you very different picture thanking you for sharing if you didn't share it on maps do share that photo that everyone can see this one 

Level 8

Good idea 😉 here a choice of my photos20170430_165828~2.jpg

DSC02384.jpg

20161217_153741.jpg

20170331_203127.jpg

IMG_20170124_001614.jpg

1479938360012-6cbcf53e-45ea-4c31-9082-13093b6033e1.jpg

Walter Sanders
Level 8

Hi @CaptainHook

Here's a photo I have taken which I like. Hope you like it. Here in this pic an old woman's clothes are hanged to dry from the sun. In the background and the wall at the front you see, are a wall which is made of sliced corals. (People don't do it anymore as it is not an environmentally acceptable practice.) In the past in the Maldives houses were built like this.Clothes getting driedClothes getting dried

Thank you.

Level 10

@CaptainHook

I love to find things as they are 😊

Shapes, lines, mirrors, shadows, structures, lights - they build our visual world.

IMG_20170328_135613-01.jpeg

I have even a special collection for such images on my G+ profile:

https://plus.google.com/collection/wqfl3

Regards,

Jacek

Google Diamond Product Expert - Maps, Business Profile, Earth, Gmail, Accounts | Street View Trusted Photographer | Local Guide | retired: Map Maker Help Forum Top Contributor & Poland RER/RL
Level 8

@JacekNK Nice Photos - Thanks

Walter Sanders
Level 8

Thank you guys for your pics, they are wonderful!

@WalterSanders@JacekNK@Badruddeen

Level 8

I think you can find a lot of these types of interesting shots on cruise ships.  There is a myriad of things to play with using your camera. Here are some from a recent ship I was on.