TriniCSI's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

360 photography tips and tricks

What are your best ideas to improve 360 degree images using the on phone camera.

I am yet to get any type of 360 camera and I have a DSLR as well but the S8 camera is so good but it lacks the ability to stitch the images together seemlessly.

So, have you got any tips for someone starting with this type of photography?

United Kingdom
19 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 7
Solution

Re: 360 photography tips and tricks

@TriniCSI If you have DSLR, why you don't just buy fish eye lens and panorama program? It's the way to get best quality 360 images. 

Markus Kiili

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @TriniCSI if you want to use smartphone for 360, you should consider building something like that: http://www.fotografia360.org/tayrona-360-rotula-panoramica-celulares-planos-manual/

IMG_2190

This will be a huge help in stitching your photos.

Then you could consider using a DSLR+Fisheye+Spherical Head

Cheers!

Level 8

Thanks that is an amazing device but I do not have the technical ability to build an intricate machine.

Looks great though.

@LucioV wrote:

Hi @TriniCSI if you want to use smartphone for 360, you should consider building something like that: http://www.fotografia360.org/tayrona-360-rotula-panoramica-celulares-planos-manual/

IMG_2190

This will be a huge help in stitching your photos.

Then you could consider using a DSLR+Fisheye+Spherical Head

Cheers!

Level 7
Solution

@TriniCSI If you have DSLR, why you don't just buy fish eye lens and panorama program? It's the way to get best quality 360 images. 

Markus Kiili
Level 8

hahaha I wish I could afford it!

Not so cheap 

@MarkusK wrote:

Level 8

I have been lucky to be loaned a Google loan 360 camera.

Some of my images are online now but I must admit the quality is not brilliant. Lots of noise on the images even in good light.
Any tips?

Many thanks

G

Level 8

hi..

there is 2 Options ..

you can use your mobile camera .. and it will be great if you do it carefully ..

the second option ( which I'm using ) .. 360 camera .. personally I'm using RICOH THETA S .. which is great especially by stitching the pictures and so easy.. with a fair price.

Level 7

Level 10

@TriniCSI wrote:

What are your best ideas to improve 360 degree images using the on phone camera.

I am yet to get any type of 360 camera and I have a DSLR as well but the S8 camera is so good but it lacks the ability to stitch the images together seemlessly.

So, have you got any tips for someone starting with this type of photography?

Hi @TriniCSI What do you mean by "lacks the ability to stitch the images together seemlessly" Have you tried the Streetview app?

Level 8

Hi yes, the streetview app is not good at all. It allows you to import the images but if I use my phone (Galaxy S8) the stitching is really bad.
I am now using the RICOH THETA S from the loan team and its all about the settings regarding the noise.

I tend to use the Theta app to record the scene then import that into the streetview app which works much easier for me.