Rizwankhatib2018's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

360 degree photo uploading worth for Google map?

360 degree photo's worth to upload on Google map? Which device can buys for 360degree photos pls help me.

Doha, Qatar
3 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: 360 degree photo uploading worth for Google map?

Hi @Rizwankhatib2018 yes it is worth it, but make sure you only upload 360's via the Street View app rather than the Maps app. You can use your phone to do 360's although its a bit painful and the results aren't always fantastic. I use a Richo Theta for my 360 images.

Once you get 50 images approved you can choose to join the Trusted Street View Photographer which can be a way to make an income from your 360 images. Note you need to be careful because you're not allowed to make money as a Local Guide so you need to keep the activities quite separate.You can find out more information about SVTP here https://www.google.com/streetview/earn/

Regards Paul

Level 8

Thanks for info!

Level 10

Hi @PaulPavlinovich, you can also upload 360 photos via either the Maps App or even the dektop map interface. Once they appear in Maps, they will also appear in your SV App > Profile tab. 

Of course this is where you can position and connect the spheres only (unless using a 3rd party tool), so one needs to keep "working" on them here - but the upload process can be "started" from anywhere.