Anonymous's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

360 Degree Camera

So Google sent me a loaner camera, which was the Samsung but I needed to have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy 6 or Galaxy 7 to operate the camera, which, of course I dont have.  Instead of buying new smartphone which I have no use for (I have the Pixel XL), I purchased the Ricoh Theta S.  I am using the tripod and super selfie stick that Google sent and this little camera is the truth!  I am able to take photos and connect them the same way that the Google car does and in great, fine detail.  It connects immediately to my phones WIFI and sometimes when it doesnt, such as this past week, I have turned it off and let it warm up since Ive been doing the photography in freezing and sub freezing weather.  I dont work for Ricoh but I am a Google trusted photographer and this is a very good camera for the chores assigned to it.

New York, NY, United States
11 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: 360 Degree Camera

Level 10
Solution

You can still use the Gear 360 (give it a try!) using SV App and directly connecting to the camera via Wi-Fi, it's easy, and works smooth.

Have a look here: https://support.google.com/streetviewloan/answer/7000208?hl=it&ref_topic=7002116

Anonymous
Not applicable

Lucio, Stop Playing!!  What a great find.  Thank you so much for this information which I will be trying tonight.

Level 10

Level 8

Hello, interesting on that opinion, I buy my 2nd Ricoh (first one I crash into the floor was using selfie stick and inline skating). So I compare a long as I find 360 cameras and no one gimme the satisfaction as Ricoh show on each picture.

Question, how is "loan kit" we suppose to pay rent for equipment, tell me about you experience, I apply but I confused now with the name "loan" I try to do for the mountains and difficult places to reach only walking.

Level 8

Yes 360 Degree Camera is necessary for the Local Guides...You can use it for taking and recording the pictures or the atmosphere in the streets where you visit there...

Level 5

Hi bro, i was in the same situation, but i never give up so i search on google and i found a group of german guys who were able to modify the app.

So now i use it with my OnePlus 3T, and it works very well.

Have fun

Mattia

@DallasP wrote:

So Google sent me a loaner camera, which was the Samsung but I needed to have a Samsung Galaxy Note 5, Galaxy 6 or Galaxy 7 to operate the camera, which, of course I dont have.  Instead of buying new smartphone which I have no use for (I have the Pixel XL), I purchased the Ricoh Theta S.  I am using the tripod and super selfie stick that Google sent and this little camera is the truth!  I am able to take photos and connect them the same way that the Google car does and in great, fine detail.  It connects immediately to my phones WIFI and sometimes when it doesnt, such as this past week, I have turned it off and let it warm up since Ive been doing the photography in freezing and sub freezing weather.  I dont work for Ricoh but I am a Google trusted photographer and this is a very good camera for the chores assigned to it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Spoiler
Spoiler
Hi @SergioYsasis
This is a true loan program. They loan it to you for 45 days and then you return it in the same condition. Google Inc even sends you a prepaid return shipping label. I appreciate Google loaning me the camera but a week in I went out and purchased the Ricoh THETA S and I haven't looked back.
Level 8

Hey..
You are indeed lucky guy..
I have submitted the form to borrow a 360 Degree Camera from Google (Because they send a reminder to me)...But they did not answer my letter...as if they did not send a notice to me before !
This story passed 6 months....
Ha ha...if i have it...I could have many nice 360 Degree Pictures to show to the people !

Regards

Che Trung Hieu

Level 3

I love the Ricoh Theta! I'm on my second loan camera, both have been the Ricoh