dterzic's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 5

update map Belgrade

There is almost a year that Google still did not update a map for Belgrade. There is a huge srossroad missing, and new Boulevard bult.

Google map is very usefull, specially traffic information, but this make map unusable for this part of the city.

I have tired to submit feedbaks form phone and PC, to fix this, but only answer received so far is "We cannot fix issues in this region yet".

I understand that adding road is more technical complex than adding POI, but important changes such this should be entered in reasonable time.

Can someone send this to Google? When can it be reloved ?

Crossroad that is missing is not new, but someone deleted it from the map:

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Dragan

Belgrade
12 comments
Level 10

Re: update map Belgrade

Hi @dterzic

Google Map Maker officially closed on March 31, 2017, and many of its features are being integrated into Google Maps.

so we can send feedback in google maps so, we have to wait for status updated on maps.

sometime it takes more time to be updated on maps.

hope it helps you.

Thank You 🙂

Happy Mapping & Keep Contributing 🙂

Add, Edit, Explore More ! || Google Maps Contributions || Gujju Local Guides on G+
Level 5

Hi,

How much we have to wait for update?

All other main map vendors have updated this long time ago.

As this is one of the main crossroads in this part of the city, google maps is unusable for driving directions. People are switching to other sources...

Regards
Level 10

Hi @dterzic, you can send a feedback or request a feature on Local Guides Connect by posting in "Feedback and Feature Requests section." See the following link for more details https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Feedback-and-Feature-Requests/We-welcome-your-feedback-and-fea...

If you want to send a feedback from Google Maps app then 

1. Open Google Maps Application
  2. Slide left side window pane or click three parallel lines icon which is on the top left side corner
  3. Go down and click Send feedback
  4. Go ahead

I recommend to send a feedback through app.

@dterzic wrote:

There is almost a year that Google still did not update a map for Belgrade. There is a huge srossroad missing, and new Boulevard bult.

Google map is very usefull, specially traffic information, but this make map unusable for this part of the city.

I have tired to submit feedbaks form phone and PC, to fix this, but only answer received so far is "We cannot fix issues in this region yet".

I understand that adding road is more technical complex than adding POI, but important changes such this should be entered in reasonable time.

Can someone send this to Google? When can it be reloved ?

Crossroad that is missing is not new, but someone deleted it from the map:

Capture.JPG

Regards,

Dragan

Connect Moderator

Hello @FazeelUsmani,

Your message is slightly confusing, I'll need to ask for some clarification to see if I can help you.

If Google is unable to accept edits in a certain region, then there is no alternative means to submit that information.  Google wants to be able to accept additions and edits wherever they can, thus when it is not available there is a reason preventing them from doing so and thus it cannot be bypassed.

In your original post you said there is a newly built boulevard; specifically I'm referring to "new Boulevard bult" and "important changes such this should be entered in reasonable time".

Later you stated this is not newly built and formerly existed on the map, specifically I'm referring to "Crossroad that is missing is not new, but someone deleted it from the map".

Can you please clarify?  If there has been changes in the area then updates to the map will have to come from other sources.  But if no changes have occurred and the map suddenly lost information then an escalation to check on map issues can be made.  Could you please explain what you meant by each of the above statements?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 5

Hello,

I am sorry for the confusion. You are right, there are two parts of the problem.

1. Crossroad existed more than 20 years, and it was present in google maps, but it is deleted.

2. New boulevard is finished more than six months ago, clearly visible in satelite image, and it is still not present in google maps.

It can be seen in the pictures below.

https://www.google.com/maps/@44.8130328,20.4048832,15.5z?hl=en

Regards,

Dragan

sl0.pngsl1.pngsl2.png

Connect Moderator

Thank you @dterzic, that helps a lot.

A frequent reason why Google can't allow updates in a particular place is because of agreements with their local data supplier to not modify the data.  I have no idea what is preventing them accepting feedback in this area, but likely I won't be able to get the new boulevard added.  However, looking at the historical aerials of that intersection I can see that what appears to have happened is that someone started to update the intersection and never completed that; and that can be escalated.   Perhaps escalating the incomplete updating of the intersection will prompt the new road to also be added. I'll send this all to Google and see what can be done.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Level 5

Thank you @Flash

Level 10

Hi @Flash, I'm just trying to show that there are two ways of sending feedback one is through Connect and the other is through Google Maps application

@Flash wrote:

Hello @FazeelUsmani,

Your message is slightly confusing, I'll need to ask for some clarification to see if I can help you.

If Google is unable to accept edits in a certain region, then there is no alternative means to submit that information.  Google wants to be able to accept additions and edits wherever they can, thus when it is not available there is a reason preventing them from doing so and thus it cannot be bypassed.

In your original post you said there is a newly built boulevard; specifically I'm referring to "new Boulevard bult" and "important changes such this should be entered in reasonable time".

Later you stated this is not newly built and formerly existed on the map, specifically I'm referring to "Crossroad that is missing is not new, but someone deleted it from the map".

Can you please clarify?  If there has been changes in the area then updates to the map will have to come from other sources.  But if no changes have occurred and the map suddenly lost information then an escalation to check on map issues can be made.  Could you please explain what you meant by each of the above statements?

Connect Moderator

Hello @FazeelUsmani,

My apologies, that post was meant for @dterzic

Do note, however, that road feedback is not possible in his area via any method.  The feedback options are not worldwide, and if an option is not available for an area in Maps then that means it cannot be submitted via any method.

Thanks for pitching in to help!