RPaulR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

reviewed a bad delete on a local place of worship

hi

using check the facts i reviewed a bad delete on a local place of worship (i think yesterday) with its unique building and outside signage.

of course i denied this delete on reviews i did before about 10x while MapMaker was open. before i was a MapMaker RL i did so and alerted RER to deny it.

while i was a RL i denied the same edit at least 3x. i also beleive several other rls denied the same type of edits on the listing before MapMaker closed.

personally i strongly disagree with some of this congregations practises and part of the issue was they at one point added non applicable categories belonging to another religeous group to their listing. But they have a permanent building and are staffed and have signage - therefore are entitled to be on the map.

how can i report this listing to be checked (for secondary categories -they are a messianic synagoge and ideally that should be the only category although church could be an applicable secondary category as the congregation is 80%+ christian and they reflect a hybrid of jewish and christian worship with a strong belief in christ). then locked.

neither them or the public should be able to add any of the other jewish synagogue categories to the listing or change the primary from messianic synagaogue.

mappers also must be stopped from marking them from deletion. messianic synagogue is a category with relatively few listing but a high amount of malislcious edits.

at one point they had a primary category of orthodox synagogue which spurred some of the deletion attempts. they are located in the heart of my cities large orthodox jewish community but do not share those values.

previously i had a coworker who was affiliated with this messianic synagogue. i have an ordained christian acquintance (i always get confused on her title - when i get it wrong she gets a little offended) who goes there occasionally as she enjoys their style of worship and i have met several other current and former congregants over the years (some jewish and some christian). I also know an ordained individual who used to preform marriages at this location as their rabbi was not formally ordained (not certified as a rabbi or minister and not allowed to perform legal marriages)

i have passed by this place by car possibly 100 times although my personal values prevent me from entering the location.

how can i report this feature so it gets locked permanently.

there may have been as many as 2 dozen deletion attempts over the last 4 years.

thanks

i have intentionally left out the locations naming and location as per whats been expressed to me on this board. i also removed mention of the city name

while some users may be able to figure out the location that is not my intent

2 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: reviewed a bad delete on a local place of worship

Hello @RPaulR,

Google does not offer the option to request a lock on a feature.  Almost every business owner would make such a request if it was possible.  This is the exact opposite of the idea of having public editing to keep the map up to date.

You describe that the feature is still on the map.  This shows that the system is working, the deletion request was questioned.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 9

Re: reviewed a bad delete on a local place of worship

@Flash

Do you have a way of checking if there are any secondary categories?

Sometimes these deletion attempts are spurred because of intentional miscategorization.