GenerolHavoc's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

" Suggest an edit " Not displaying the address.

Hello All

When I click on " Suggest an Edit " it brings up everything apart for the address of the business and the tool for moving the location marker.

Unfortunately that's what I'am trying to edit as all the address currently states is " Baverstock Hamilton " which is completely wrong and the location marker is over 20km out of Hamilton in the middle of nowhere.

I guess this place was made with a Google Business account ?

Furthermore this person and their website shows no business address though I was able to find out the registered business address is the accountant address and this person only address is a residential address.

Should this listing even exist.

7 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: " Suggest an edit " Not displaying the address.

Hi @GenerolHavoc, exactly what I suspected. This is a SAB. As you can see, it has a big circle drawn which means the owner gave a few hundred miles as a service area (basically to cover the whole of the northern island). 

You can also define single cities or counties. Here is my service area for SV photography (not that my business is too active but you never know) where I defined Baranya County (where I live). Certainly it's completely irrelevant where exactly the business (as a legal entity) is located as I'd go to the premises of my clients to perform my services. 

Best is to just leave these businesses alone. Google would probably not apply any changes anyway. 

Some SAB's may also do business in their location. The owner can choose so and then you have an address to edit. Think of a pizza delivery (with an area they deliver within) but where you can also go to and take a pizza away. 

Your example business would typically be a mere SAB though.

View solution in original post

Level 10

Hi @GenerolHavoc, best would be to post a link to this particular POI as there may be several reasons for such a "behaviour". 

One would be if this business does not serve customers in its brick and mortar residence (office, shop whatnot) but is a so called "Service Area Business" (SAB). In this case there's no exact address as it's irrelevant but the business goes to serve the customers in their places (think of a plumber for instance). 

In some other cases, indeed the POI was added incorretly (say a building outline or an area renamed etc.). So we cannot give exact suggestions without looking into the very business first.

Level 7

Hello @Csaba

Here is the link to the place ( Nerak Consulting - Health & Safety Consultant )

Level 10
Solution

Hi @GenerolHavoc, exactly what I suspected. This is a SAB. As you can see, it has a big circle drawn which means the owner gave a few hundred miles as a service area (basically to cover the whole of the northern island). 

You can also define single cities or counties. Here is my service area for SV photography (not that my business is too active but you never know) where I defined Baranya County (where I live). Certainly it's completely irrelevant where exactly the business (as a legal entity) is located as I'd go to the premises of my clients to perform my services. 

Best is to just leave these businesses alone. Google would probably not apply any changes anyway. 

Some SAB's may also do business in their location. The owner can choose so and then you have an address to edit. Think of a pizza delivery (with an area they deliver within) but where you can also go to and take a pizza away. 

Your example business would typically be a mere SAB though.

Level 7

Hello @Csaba

Thanks for letting me know exactly what this is so I can look out for similar places in the future when fact checking or editing stuff etc and here and there avoid them.

Connect Moderator

While a SAB that does exist shouldn't be deleted, it is perfectly OK to edit them to correct the name, hours, website, phone number, etc.

Just like all other businesses, owners often neglect their SAB listings or add information not permitted such as descriptors in the name.  It is usually only Maps users that catch these errors.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 7

@Flash

Ty for that addition.

Level 10

@Flash wrote:

While a SAB that does exist shouldn't be deleted, it is perfectly OK to edit them to correct the name, hours, website, phone number, etc.

I certainly meant the "SAB'ness" of these POI's. Other features can of course be edited (although hours may also be tricky).