Priyalal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

"Edit the Map" feature is not visible.

Hi,

I am new to this, but could you help me to find "Edit the Map" feature? It does not appear under "Send Feedback" menu. There are many local roads here, which are not visible in the Map, and want to update these roads.

Thanks. 

Colombo, Sri Lanka
10 comments
Level 8

Re: "Edit the Map" feature is not visible.

@Priyalal

Hi welcome to local guide connect community

Actually Map maker is no longer available and we can't add missing roads by us 

To report a missing road on Android

• Make sure you have the latest version of the Google Maps app
  • Go to the location where the missing road should appear
  • Open the Menu and tap Send Feedback
  • Select Report a Missing Road
  • Tap the location of the missing road
  • Add the name of the road and any additional information
  • Send

Please have a look at this post

👇👇

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/News-Updates/Report-a-missing-road-on-Google-Maps/ba-p/266970

Level 6

@ayann

Hi Ayann,

Thank you very much.

I know Map maker is not available, but they say they added "Edit Map' feature to Send Feedback menu, last year.

Check this post.>>>

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/News-Updates/Exclusive-Edit-a-road-segment-in-Google-Maps/bc-p...

Hope to hear from you.

Thanks.

Connect Moderator

Hello @Priyalal,

"Edit the map" was a feature within Maps when Map Maker still existed; it made an edit that was then sent to Map Maker for review.

The edit options currently available in Maps can be found in the Send Feedback section.  Not all countries have all options.  If you have the "Missing road" option in Feedback then what you are actually doing is requesting a Googler to draw the roads using their internal tools; so being a manual process it will take some time.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

@Priyalal

Actually I don't aware about this feature i didn't seen this article before thank you very much for sharing 

But the problem is I am also can't find that option in send feedback catagory i think as @Flash sir said it's not available for every country 😕so the only way for missing the roads is send feedback in my country i think so 

thanks @Flash sir and thanks @Priyalal 

Level 6

@Flash  @ayann

Thanks both,

Yah, it seems the Edit options are not available here. Sad  !

I do not know on what basis Google decides what countries NOT to have this option. 

Thanks again,

Priyalal

Level 6

@Corrie

Could you help here please? 

Why is Edit the Map option not available here in Sri Lanka.

I am asking as you had mentioned an announcement of this option. 

Thanks in advance.

Level 8

i think only few countries have that feature atm. am sure google will roll out to more countries 

Level 6

@NalinK

Nalin, is there any other way to get a road drawn correctly?

Thanks.

Connect Moderator

Hello,

If editing of roads is possible in a country then Google offers that via the Feedback section.  There are numerous reasons why it might not be possible to edit within a particular country; but if Google has not offered that option in your country then that is the indicator that they are not accepting such edits at all.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages