sma_sayeed's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

old photos but new post

Hello there

I just wanna know, is there any obligation to make a review with old photos?

Dhaka, Bangladesh
4 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: old photos but new post

Hello @sma_sayeed, your question is a bit too vague to receive a meaningful answer, I think - in any case, I don't really understyand what you mean. Can you give some more details?

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 8

Hello JanVanHaver

I just want to know that if I use any old or previously captured (not recently) picture ( may be, somehow i captured many picture) to write a new review, is there any problem? ie, is there any obligation or rules by Google?

Connect Moderator

I am not aware of any rules they would have that prevent/forbid this. But of course you need to make sure that the photos you upload still show the place the way it looks today. Otherwise you would be adding incorrect information (e.g. photo uploaded in 2018, showing the place as it looked in 2015, but there was a complete renovation in 2017).

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 7

Hello  smasayeed,

I think you are trying to ask that "Is it OK to review with old photos?"

I think you can review with old photos if it is not very old or you are sure that there were nothing changed in terms of infrastructure of the place you are reviewing.

But reviewing with a very old photo like 1 year or more should not be done as there may be some changes done in the place you are reviewing.

Hope it helps. Thanks a lot.