SuzanneN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

odd (new?) category restrictions?

@Amiran posted something similar about iran, i'm noticing this same issue in thailand and i don't think it was this restrictive before.

suddenly "shopping mall" isn't available, instead i get "shopping centre" tho there are already POIs marked as shopping malls in thailand... same for drugstores. i know categories reflect local norms but "shopping mall" seems to be a standard translation here, plus it was already in use... 

Bangkok Thailand
1 comment
Level 10

Re: odd (new?) category restrictions?

Hi @SuzanneN, Yes. As you saw here@GusMoreira expressed that name of the categories are shown based on the usage in each countries but in fact all kind of names for one category point to one unique meaning. So you can use "Shopping Centre" instead of "Shopping Mall".

But also if you think previous categories like "Shopping Mall" have better usage in Thailand and better can represent the usage of one place, Still you can use Maps by a VPN to select that category. Also you can send feedback in this case to Google, like what we've done in Iran Local Guides Community and now best adoptable categories are visible and we can select them for places.

Amir | Join us on IranLocalGuides