vyrtual's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

merge duplicate locations

Hi again guys. I have a trick one. I have two places that are the same. However they were created in different forms.

The first on is a place that I can only "ADD A MISSING PLACE". Which is odd since it´s a place already. I keep trying to edit because it has a lot of wrong information that is causing problems. However I can only edit using "ADD A MISSING PLACE", which makes no sense. Even so, I make the necessary corrections and nothing happens.I'd like to delete it, however the option "SUGGEST AN EDIT" is not available. That has something to do in how it was created.  This is the place: https://goo.gl/maps/FzM9RKMiip32

The second one is the correct place with the correct information that I want to keep, deleting the other one. I don´t want them duplicated and with different information. You´ll probably suggest to delete this one and fix the other one. However it´s impossible to fix it. I´ve been trying for quite some time, more than 3 months for sure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Condomínio do Edifício Amapa - Rua Senador Vergueiro - Botafogo, Rio de Janeiro - RJ, Brasil
9 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: merge duplicate locations

Hello @vyrtual, the place you link to (an appartment complex) is actually not a point of interest that local guides can edit, but a map element on the same level as a street or a park. So I'm afraid there's not much you can do.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 7

Hi @JanVanHaver! Thanks for your reply.

It´s strange because that there are other that were created by LG.

Do you know of any way I can report this to at least correct the error?

Cheers 

Connect Moderator

Previously, local guides had much more possibilities, but as those were heavily abused, Google decided to set the limitations we now have. The result is that there are now inconsistencies that was can't fix.

You can always send feedback by going to the Maps main menu and select 'Send feedback'. That will open a menu with some options.

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 7

I keep sending feedback, but they don´t listen lol.

It´s annoying because the address is loaded in GPS and UBER.

And this is the only complex I´ve found so far that has this restriction.

Level 10

@vyrtual wrote:

I keep sending feedback, but they don´t listen lol.

Hello vyrtual,

It's likely not that Google "isn't listening" rather that the queue for clearing duplicates is quite long.  In the past 30 days, I have marked more than 50 duplicates -- all of which are pending.  Going beyond 30 days the number of pending duplicates I have is in the hundreds.  Two duplicate listings have been cleared in the last 30 days.

I keep sending feedback

Sending more than one request does not help ... in fact, it only makes the queue longer.

Level 7

The issue is that I can't even mark as a duplicate. I can't mark or edit. I create a SEND FEEDBACK informing in the text box what's wrong.

Level 10

vyrtual,

Other users have suggested that you mark the POI as a duplicate and trust that Google will merge the two listings, keeping the  POI.

As for sending feedback the same holds true -- sending multiple feedback requests is not helpful.  I recall reading in forum posts that in the past multiple edit requests caused the edit to be automatically denied.  Other posts spoke of multiple edit requests being considered spam and in some cases abuse and account deletion.  To be clear, I'm not suggesting in the slightest that your multiple requests rise to that level ; )   -- but pass along the information FYI.

Level 7

There is no option to mark it as a duplicate. 

Level 10

@vyrtual wrote:

There is no option to mark it as a duplicate. 

What others have suggested is that you mark the POI you added as a duplicate and then trust that the googlers will keep the POI (you added) and remove the uneditable listing.