HeyJoe's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

is Map Maker features are moving to the main app?

Heard Google is shutting down the tool that let anyone edit Google Maps data!? is it true. if yes will be still owned by google? how about points?
Dar es salaam
6 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: is Map Maker features are moving to the main app?

Level 10

Hi @HeyJoe

Yes, it is true that by next March, Google is shutting down MapMaker as a standalone map editing tool. 

But even now you can make a whole bunch of edits straight in Maps - which will NOT be shut down. 

There have been a lot of feature additions to Maps lately which seem to port some functionalities from MapMaker to Maps directly - like you can add names in different languages for instance. 

Certainly there is still a long way to go and no-one (maybe not even the Googlers) are sure what will and what will not be ported but let's hope that most of the currently available tools will.

Connect Moderator
Solution

@HeyJoe For more information reads this topics .... 

Google Map Maker graduates to Google Maps

here u may get many answer .....

Level 8

Some features have already been integrated into Maps and i expect to see most of the other features in the near future. About the Points issue, i think @TraciC may be of help

Level 8

It will be interesting to see how Google Maps handles the addition of features such as roads and borders plus the ability to identify buildings that can be deleted. It is already difficult for the Mapmaker team to keep up with editing requests but perhaps putting both together will mean it will be easier to keep Google Maps up to date and a tool that the local guides can continue to contribute into and feel valued for. 

Level 8

I have looked at this help page a few weeks ago and it does not give specific information about the points I mentioned in my previous post. Thanks for your point.

Level 10

A partir del 27 de Abril de 2017 ya puedes modificar o actualizar datos de rutas, calles, avenidas, carreteras, etc. Con la nueva versión de Google Maps para iOS y Android 

Puedes visitar el siguiente mensaje con mas información

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Espa%C3%B1ol/Actualizar-o-Modificar-Google-Maps-en-Android-y-i...

Saludos