Goran_Beg's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

how do I change the address of the building?

Hi,

Is it possible to change number of house / building?
For example this is wrong:

https://goo.gl/XUPgea

Street number "Sunčani Kej 31" is not there. It's about 500m from this location.

Right address is here (building near number 39) :
https://goo.gl/uKw1Hr

Is it possible somehow to change this?

Goran Beg | Studio 360
Google Trusted Photographer
Novi Sad, Serbia
2 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: how do I change the address of the building?

Hello @Goran_Beg,

As this is on the street rather than on a building, it most likely is just a predicted address rather than an address marker.

Google uses other address markers, address ranges on road segments, and other indicators to refine how it predicts the location of addresses that don't have markers.  As more data is collected, the predictions become more precise.

Unfortunately this is not data currently being accepted in the region, in fact adding address markers had not been available in Maps until just recently (we used to have to add them in the retired tool called Map Maker), and now that it has been released it is only in limited countries with more being added soon.  Once it is added to your area, then you will be able to add a precise marker for the address.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello @Goran_Beg,

As this is on the street rather than on a building, it most likely is just a predicted address rather than an address marker.

Google uses other address markers, address ranges on road segments, and other indicators to refine how it predicts the location of addresses that don't have markers.  As more data is collected, the predictions become more precise.

Unfortunately this is not data currently being accepted in the region, in fact adding address markers had not been available in Maps until just recently (we used to have to add them in the retired tool called Map Maker), and now that it has been released it is only in limited countries with more being added soon.  Once it is added to your area, then you will be able to add a precise marker for the address.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Thank you for the answer @Flash !

Goran Beg | Studio 360
Google Trusted Photographer