ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Rif.: categoria: Erogatori di acqua potabile in Maps

yes of course @Pea, e questo è il motivo per cui io chiedo, a Google, se questa è una categoria che può essere considerata per il futuro.

In Italia nel 2015 erano attivi 1300 erogatori, in aumento giorno dopo giorno, e si tratta di un servizio di pubblica utilità.

Io non voglio e non posso inserire categorie che non sono già esistenti. Posso però chiedere che si valuti se la mia richiesta ha un senso, e se la propongo è perché io penso che un senso ci sia.

Grazie per il tuo supporto

Level 9
Level 9

Hi ermest I don't want to repeat the whole conversation again, but I just want to be clear on one point. Simply adding a new category for Drinking Fountain won't provide the solution you want. The problem you have is that descriptive names are not allowed. So really you are asking for the wrong thing.

If you suddenly see a new Drinking Fountain category next week that doesn't mean you can start adding them unless each one has a real name (which is probably unlikely). You can't add anything with descriptive names.

Level 8

Hi @Pea
I understand what you are saying, it is not allowed to put a generic "Drinking Fountain" as a name but we should put a name that exactly identifies that fountain.
As an example, in my area, Publiacqua, the company that manages the water supply system, published a list of all the drinking fountain, each of them has a specific name/number and a web page see example of a fountain in my city.
Some months ago, I added almost the entire list, all were accepted, published and they still are on Google Maps.
So I don't think that @ErmesT is asking for the wrong thing but for a reasonable thing.
In addition I'd like to know, what will happen, after the closure of Map Maker, to all the places which will remain without category (not only "drinking fountain" but many others)

Aldo 🙂

Level 9
Level 9

@AldoF wrote:

I understand what you are saying, it is not allowed to put a generic "Drinking Fountain" as a name but we should put a name that exactly identifies that fountain.

It is more than that. It's possible to exactly identify a place with the location in the name "X on Main Street" but that's a description and descriptive names are not allowed. It has to be a real name.

I'm unsure that the drinking fountain you added https://www.google.com/maps/@43.865114,10.96434,21z using the Drinking Water category is permitted in this way. I know @Flash has written about drinking fountains before so hopefully he'll pick up this thread

Connect Moderator

well @Pea, I fully understand the logic of what you say. So, in this case, places like this should be removed from maps ASAP

Level 9
Level 9

Ha, ha, I think you are using humour (sarcasm) to make a point? In fact you do make a good point because you mention logic. Here's the truth, we don't map by logic, we map by the rules that Google make and Google made a specific exception for ATMs - so no, ATMs should not be removed. https://productforums.google.com/d/msg/map-maker/RnlDdUq__i0/h1aQK9gIDQAJ

Connect Moderator
Former Google Contributor

Re: categoria: Erogatori di acqua potabile in Maps

@ErmesT @Pea @AldoFerretto @LucioV

Google actually partnered with the Ministry of Urban Development in India to list the location of public toilets in India's National Capital Region. Read more here: http://mashable.com/2016/12/22/google-maps-public-toilets-india/#xgGzeWi3TmqA

Perhaps something similar will happen with water fountains one day. Thank you for sharing this feedback!

Connect Moderator

Re: categoria: Erogatori di acqua potabile in Maps

Level 6

Stavo per aggiungere i distributori automatici dell'acqua (o casette dell'acqua) della mia città e non trovavo la categoria, cercando qui ho trovato questo post..

Peccato che non si possano aggiungere.. 😞