ShaikMohammed's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

XYZ

IMG_9073.PNGDear Local Guides,

A couple of days before I have visited Nike in one mall and took photos and uploaded it Google Maps. Now someone marked it as permanently closed but it is still open. How can I make it to Open from Permanently closed?

Below are the screenshots. Please advice. Did you get XYZ like me? IMG_9073.PNG

IMG_9074.PNG

15 comments

Accepted Solutions
Connect Moderator
Solution

Re: XYZ

Hello,

@iyudhi, thanks for flagging me.

The feature can be found at https://www.google.com/maps/place/xyz/@17.4188733,78.446424,17z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1snike!3m4!1s0x0:0....

It simply appears that someone both changed the name and marked it closed.  If you know for sure that it is still open, it will take two edits to restore it; the first being the one to reopen it and then a second to restore the name.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

@ShaikMohammed Do you have the link to the location? Have you tried editing it to mark it as open?

The 'xyz' is a bit weird though, since I've seen the same thing happening to posts on Google+. Not sure if there's any relations.

Level 8

@iyudhi I am unable to see share location feature here.

I have just disable the permanently closed option and submitted for google. I am not sure it is approved for open then Name will be Nike or XYZ. 

Lets see.

Location you can search on GVK One Mall Hyderabad India. 

Connect Moderator

@ShaikMohammed This is the only one I can see, and it's not marked as permanently closed

https://goo.gl/maps/eZHDcZLaiFD2

Level 8

@iyudhi Location is perfect that is a big shopping mall consists of various outlets and showrooms.

Just now I received email from Google its place XYZ is under review. Oops again XYZ

IMG_9077.PNG

Connect Moderator

I'm afraid this is beyond my knowledge @ShaikMohammed

I'll let someone else that's more knowledgeable about Maps steps in. @Flash Any chance you know what's going on in this case?

Connect Moderator
Solution

Hello,

@iyudhi, thanks for flagging me.

The feature can be found at https://www.google.com/maps/place/xyz/@17.4188733,78.446424,17z/data=!4m8!1m2!2m1!1snike!3m4!1s0x0:0....

It simply appears that someone both changed the name and marked it closed.  If you know for sure that it is still open, it will take two edits to restore it; the first being the one to reopen it and then a second to restore the name.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 8

Dear @ShaikMohammed I checked your place and it has more then 6000 reviews and it is available in the map. If someone suggested as Closed it will automatically ask another person who visit there as it is true or Not.

Those who provide wrong informations on Google Maps will loss their Points.

IMG_8469.PNG

Level 8

@Flash@iyudhi

Thanks for the information. 

But as per my knowledge and understanding , In the first step no one will approve right because the name is XYZ? 

People will think XYZ is spam or something incorrect , It will be pending. 

@TraciC Can you help us.

Thanks much.

Level 10

Congrats @ShaikMohammed