SimoBenso's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 6

Wrong place edit

Hello, 

Someone marked a friend's place as definitely closed on google maps, which is not true.

I suggested a modification to mark the place as opened but it's still in review. Is there any way to contact the support on similar issues ?

Regards,

Mohammed

3 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Wrong place edit

Hi @SimoBenso

A warm welcome to Local Guides and our Connect community forum. Thanks for sharing! I just moved your post here in the "Mapping your World" board as it is the best place to share and ask for tips and advice on mapping your world. 

I would recommend also to read this post on how to see the status of your edits in Google Maps. 

As a reminder, edits take some time to get approved. Once your edit has been approved, a confirmation email will be sent to you to notify you that your edit has been published. 

Many thanks.

* Due to the volume of private messages please note that I do not reply to them
Level 8

Hey @SimoBenso Google reviews your edits before publishing it on maps, so it will take some time to get your edit approved .

Level 6

Hi @MariaBi, thanks for the welcome and for all the useful informations.

But what actually makes Google know that a place is closed for real before applying the update ? Would it be more safe to call the business before ?