Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Wrong phone number

Hi dear Googler and local guides

Good Day

There is important situation that I have to write this topic

There is wrong number on a POI and because I make photography from there, the owner of wrong number call me last month and said this annoying him

Also I request to change number but after month my edit rejected and requested again but pending again.

Know I ask to help this phone number change and the her thought is comfortable and nobody don't disturb him

Also I sent a feedback last month.

Farmanieh Garden Hall

You can see true number in below photo

0912123****

Thank you for your help

17 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Wrong phone number

Hi @Badruddeen

Good day

After about 3 months it was done about 1 hour ago by my friend

Thank you for your attention

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Hi @SamanS

Thanks for posting. While I clearly se the good intention of fixing a wrong information, I have to ask you to edit your post for removing the phone number shared in here.

We cannot suggest an edit, because we don't have a personal knoledge of the places, so if we suggest an edit we are acting against the rules.

Just curious: How can the owher of the wrong (fake) number calling you? do you know him?

Level 10

Thank you for replying dear Ermest

By your notice I remove phone number from post.

I don't request you suggest an edit. I know the rules and respect them and for this reason create a post and tagging you to find the solution.

The owner of wrong number search place in google and find the true number in 360 photos. then call the business manager and took my phone number from him and also said to him my phone number wrongly added in your business info.

Connect Moderator

Hello @SamanS, I notice that the POI you are talking about is not yet claimed. From the other info in this post I gather that you know the business owner, so as a first step, I would suggest that you ask the business owner to claim his business. This will give him much more control over the information shown on maps about his business. See also this blogpost I wrote on the topic

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Level 10

Hi dear @JanVanHaver

Thank you for your attention.

Unfortunately we don't have Google my business for Iran and we have to correct and taking care million of POI existence in map of my country for about several years by suggest and edit and check the facts.

Connect Moderator

@SamanS I had no idea about that (from a European perspective one often tends to assume everything is simply available everywhere) - that makes things much more difficult indeed

Check out LetsGuide Podcast | #LGCTM | Please always @Mention me so I see your reply
Connect Moderator

Yes @JanVanHaver

I was writing exactly the same

@JanVanHaver wrote:

Hello @SamanS, I notice that the POI you are talking about is not yet claimed. From the other info in this post I gather that you know the business owner, so as a first step, I would suggest that you ask the business owner to claim his business. This will give him much more control over the information shown on maps about his business. See also this blogpost I wrote on the topic

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Reading now @SamanS

@SamanS wrote:

Hi dear @JanVanHaver

Thank you for your attention.

Unfortunately we don't have Google my business for Iran and we have to correct and taking care million of POI existence in map of my country for about several years by suggest and edit and check the facts.

Ermes

Level 10

Hi dear Googlers

This problem already exist and I see the new wrong number located and correct number still pending

Please help to solve this problem

Thank you

Connect Moderator

Hello @SamanS,

If you have made an edit to update the number and can see it pending, that means your edit is in queue for review.

There is nothing to do now but patiently wait for it to come to the top of the review queue.  Google considers all edits important and thus they are handled in order.  There is no process to bypass the queue.

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages