HarishD's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 2

Re: Wrong names of places around my area

@GreggG wrote:

Then please read carefully my statement that you quoted.

The names are not wrong, because the POI represents something specific.  If a place closes and a new one opens, do not change the feature on the map.  That feature represents the old place and should not be modified.  That is why your edits to change it are being denied.

If you know a business no longer exists, please make an edit using the Closed option.

If you know that it moved, please use the Moved option instead.

If it never existed, please use that option instead.

Whichever option you followed above, please make a completely separate edit to create a brand new place to represent the new business.

Dear Sir,

Here we have a complete lack of understanding. I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT POI ! I AM TALKING ABOUT NAME OF A REGION.

I give you an example:

Suppose you live somewhere in Manhattan, NY and you see your house or flat in Brooklyn! Still don't understand?

OK, imagine Manhattan area being shown as Brooklyn

Now tell me what do I do to pursue Google to CORRECT the mistake?

Connect Moderator

I see the issue now, you are understandably not aware of the terminology used in mapping.  Going forward please be aware that a "place" and a POI are the same thing.  In all Google documentation they use the word "place" to refer to POIs.  The "P" in POI also stands for place.

Your issue is that a region is named incorrectly or its boundaries extend too far.  This can be more difficult to resolve as Google is not currently taking edits on such features.  Could you please give as an example or two of wrong names so we can best advise you?

Flash - LG Connect Moderator, Maps Platinum Product Expert, Map Maker Platinum Product Expert, RER and Regional Lead

Due to the volume I receive, I do not respond to unsolicited private messages

Level 2

Yes sir, Surely, although I have already given you an example (Manhattan and Brooklyn) I will give you actual data here:

Search "Danda Lakhond" in Dehradun, Uttarakhand, India and that place is actually not 'Danda Lakhond' but is inside "Gujrara Maansingh". This is just one example (FACT) and there are MANY MORE near the vicinity. Almost everything is marked wrong (the regions, names)

I hope you finally understand what I mean and I claim that I can prove the facts.

Thank You

@GreggG wrote:

I see the issue now, you are understandably not aware of the terminology used in mapping.  Going forward please be aware that a "place" and a POI are the same thing.  In all Google documentation they use the word "place" to refer to POIs.  The "P" in POI also stands for place.

Your issue is that a region is named incorrectly or its boundaries extend too far.  This can be more difficult to resolve as Google is not currently taking edits on such features.  Could you please give as an example or two of wrong names so we can best advise you?